julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Vote for Me

My friend from across the pond (I know it's a cliché, but I like saying it), the talented Christie of the droolworthy blog Fig & Cherry, has nominated me for a 2008 Blogger's Choice Award.

Since it is an election year, I hope that you will take a moment to remember it is our solemn duty as a democratic society to vote our conscience (even if you do not live in America), so I hope you will vote for me at least once (unless you live in certain parts of Texas or Florida and then I think you should vote for me as many times as possible).

If you vote for me, as your proud candidate of the (insert your party here), I promise to:

  1. Kiss your baby (if you have one). Or kiss you if you are cute.
  2. Only be involved in maybe one or two sex scandals a year, tops.
  3. Write in complete sentences and never use the word "nucular."
  4. Never start a war or other unauthorized police action in another country.
  5. Write about cool, entertaining stuff that is interesting to me.
  6. Take blurry pictures of myself and post them with either a) suggestive and introspective quotes by Anaïs Nin, or b) neurotic and funny quips by Woody Allen.
  7. Insist that you develop a passionate love for silent films, film noir and Barbara Stanwyck.
  8. Try to make you dance with me or at least write me an email once in a while.
If you feel that I am the candidate of your dreams, then click on the little icon below and follow these easy steps, which are lifted verbatim from Fig & Cherry:

1. Sign up (it’s free and takes 1 minute).
2. Click on the verification link sent to you via email.
3. Sign in and type in the search bar (top right) ‘tangobaby’ (as one word).
4. Select ‘Best Hobby Blog’ from the drop down.
5. Click on ‘Vote’.

My site was nominated for Best Hobby Blog!

If, by some grace of whatever divine authority might be floating about somewhere, I win this award, then I believe that I will receive: a lifetime supply of Peeps, a recreational motor home that I can use to travel across the country and meet my constituents, and a million dollars in quickly deflating US currency.

No, really, I don't think I get any fabulous cash and prizes. (But a lucrative publishing contract so I can write at home in my pajamas would be cool.)

But if I did win, then I could do my Sally Field impersonation for you. And I promise--right here, right now--not to get stuck up and boastful.

If nothing else, you should vote for me because if you knew all of the gyrations that I had to go through to get these two perfect screen captures from Sleeper, you would know that I am very serious about creating a quality blog and you would be very impressed.

5 comments:

paris parfait March 30, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

Well after a sales pitch like that, who wouldn't vote for you?!! I just did; please remember to thank me in your acceptance speech. :)

Octavine Illustration March 30, 2008 at 5:03 PM  

if that post didn't convince me i don't know what could. i am currently sending out vibes to the blogging universe in hopes of your success. i will vote, vote and vote some more.

Christie March 31, 2008 at 1:47 AM  

Thanks for the kind words my dancing friend. I'm quite fond of the expression 'across the pond'. Best of luck! xx

studio wellspring March 31, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

every single thing about you is impressive, my darling tangobaby. of course you have my vote!

tangobaby March 31, 2008 at 4:44 PM  

Hello Paris Parfait,

I am already planning on making you my delegate from The City of Lights. Or my Veep.

Dear Octavine,

Your sweet vibes will help a lot, I am sure. I may have to enlist you to paint me an amazing campaign poster!

Hi Christie,

Thanks! Merci! And good luck to you, too! I have been planning what we will eat when you come to SF someday. Bring your camera!

;-)

My sweet Ms. Wellspring,

You will be my Chief of Staff in charge of loveliness and positive attitude, and we will use our PAC money to buy vintage jewelry at Lang's.

xo