Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at


Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Mad Hatteress

It's midnight, I can't sleep, and for some reason, I feel compelled to buy a hat.

Caterpillar: Who are YOU?
Alice: This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. I -- I hardly know, sir, just at present -- at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.

Help me choose which hat to buy so I can go back to sleep, or go down the rabbit hole.


la nuit blanche September 6, 2007 at 6:40 AM  

dorcas wensell the second!!

or fall in the park!

tangobaby September 7, 2007 at 12:15 AM  

Ah Nuit,

I think the Dorcas is your hat!

I may have to start with a little cloche and work my way up to something a little more dramatic. I am considering the Lena Horne, too.

Fall in the Park is adorable, but somehow I still can't see a beret without thinking of Monica Lewinsky. I guess I should be over that whole thing by now, but I can't imagine I'm the only one. I have a little black Persian lamb beret that sits mournfully on my dresser because it makes me feel like a White House intern when I wear it.

Thank you for your vote through the looking glass.

miss tango in her eyes September 7, 2007 at 6:15 AM  

Purchase Gypsy, technically you could wear it to Tango in.

tangobaby September 7, 2007 at 9:57 AM  

I thought about Gypsy, too! I am in a quandary now. There are too many that I like now so it is making me terribly indecisive. Thank you for your vote!

la nuit blanche September 7, 2007 at 11:04 AM  

ooohh... look at the subtle peacock on the fabric of the gypsy! i love peacock.

i can totally see you in a cloche, your enormous eyes peeping out from under. :)

the flapper showstopper would look divine on a brunette, as black on black. (on lighter hair, it might be too costumy.)

la nuit blanche September 7, 2007 at 11:14 AM  

ew. monica lewinsky. :-o

exorcise her by thinking anna karina, my dear...!


tangobaby September 7, 2007 at 11:49 AM  

I am paralyzed with indecision now.

But thank you for exorcising the spirit of Monica for the present moment.

I could also consider Faye Dunaway, who looks like a sultry angel in her beret: