My friend from across the pond (I know it's a cliché, but I like saying it), the talented Christie of the droolworthy blog Fig & Cherry, has nominated me for a 2008 Blogger's Choice Award.
Since it is an election year, I hope that you will take a moment to remember it is our solemn duty as a democratic society to vote our conscience (even if you do not live in America), so I hope you will vote for me at least once (unless you live in certain parts of Texas or Florida and then I think you should vote for me as many times as possible).
If you vote for me, as your proud candidate of the (insert your party here), I promise to:
- Kiss your baby (if you have one). Or kiss you if you are cute.
- Only be involved in maybe one or two sex scandals a year, tops.
- Write in complete sentences and never use the word "nucular."
- Never start a war or other unauthorized police action in another country.
- Write about cool, entertaining stuff that is interesting to me.
- Take blurry pictures of myself and post them with either a) suggestive and introspective quotes by Anaïs Nin, or b) neurotic and funny quips by Woody Allen.
- Insist that you develop a passionate love for silent films, film noir and Barbara Stanwyck.
- Try to make you dance with me or at least write me an email once in a while.
1. Sign up (it’s free and takes 1 minute).
2. Click on the verification link sent to you via email.
3. Sign in and type in the search bar (top right) ‘tangobaby’ (as one word).
4. Select ‘Best Hobby Blog’ from the drop down.
5. Click on ‘Vote’.
If, by some grace of whatever divine authority might be floating about somewhere, I win this award, then I believe that I will receive: a lifetime supply of Peeps, a recreational motor home that I can use to travel across the country and meet my constituents, and a million dollars in quickly deflating US currency.
No, really, I don't think I get any fabulous cash and prizes. (But a lucrative publishing contract so I can write at home in my pajamas would be cool.)
But if I did win, then I could do my Sally Field impersonation for you. And I promise--right here, right now--not to get stuck up and boastful.
If nothing else, you should vote for me because if you knew all of the gyrations that I had to go through to get these two perfect screen captures from Sleeper, you would know that I am very serious about creating a quality blog and you would be very impressed.