julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy Ides of March

Even though there was nothing happy about the Ides of March for Julius Caesar, it is a day that only comes once a year (well, don't they all?).

It's just rare that a day reminds me of freshman high school English class, so I thought I should mention it.

Caesar: Who is it in the press that calls on me?
I hear a tongue shriller than all the music
Cry "Caesar!" Speak, Caesar is turn'd to hear.

Soothsayer: Beware the ides of March.

Caesar: What man is that?

Brutus: A soothsayer bids you beware the ides of March.

3 comments:

Red Shoes March 15, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

I knew I loved you.

tangobaby March 15, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

And you knew I wrote this post for you because I knew it would make you smile! tee hee.

I love you, too! Happy Saturday! I'm off to flamenco class now.

xo

paris parfait March 17, 2008 at 5:00 PM  

Actually, the most memorable meeting of my life happened on the Ides of March - 20 years ago! :)