julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Muni Lust

Despite the fact that I am all jacked up on Excedrin this morning, I got a brief respite from my morning tiredness/commute/
yucky headache by standing almost face to face with someone who looked like a young Harrison Ford. Holy cow. (Normally, my time spent on public transporation is more like this and this.)

He looked like Harrison Ford circa first Raiders of the Lost Ark and maybe Witness. Floppy hair over the forehead, just perfectly scruffy and unshaven enough but not in a planned, affected way but also not too messy either, square jaw, green/hazel eyes.

Of course I averted my eyes. But my 13-year-old heart went pitter-pat and I forgot about my headache for about five whole minutes.

Yay.

PS. I was going to write a different post but this one got in the way. I'm sure you understand.

7 comments:

studio wellspring March 11, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

see sometimes muni offers a little bit of fun too. rarely. but it does happen.
and i'm sure that guy could get in your way anytime and you'd be just peachy with that. ;o)

Red Shoes March 11, 2008 at 6:38 PM  

Hooray for randomly encountered and possibly somewhat inappropriate lust objects!

AlexTangoFuego March 12, 2008 at 4:35 AM  

you girls are so cute...

tangobaby March 12, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

Hi Ms. Wellspring,

Yeah, this was worth putting up with some of the other discomforts of Muni for. I'm just sad it wasn't a little more crowded on the train!

Hi Red Shoes,

Hooray is exactly the right word. Morning, noon or night.

Hi Alex,

If you think we're cute here, you should see us in person.

;-)

Annie Jeffries March 14, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

Totally understand this post being the over-riding impulse. The man is truly a yumster.

tangobaby March 15, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

AnnieElf,

I hold out hope that I will see him again someday...he was worth riding public transportation for.

;-)

paris parfait March 17, 2008 at 5:08 PM  

Well I never had such a fun experience on Muni - how lucky are you!