julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, March 14, 2008

A Font for a Friend

I am a very lucky blogger because, just like The New York Times, I have stringers who write to suggest story items for tangobaby.

This image and information was provided to me courtesy of the wonderful dutchbaby.

She knows about my predilection for fonts, typography AND tango and thought to share this with me.

So I am sending this with a kiss to my font-designing friend in BA, who I hope will love this very much. Believe it or not, this is actually a Linotype font. It's amazing how far this company has progressed.

6 comments:

b March 14, 2008 at 4:31 PM  

Hi there. Please scroll down to the font called Tango:

http://www.fontspace.com/dixies-delights

Do you notice who Dixie's Delights Fonts is? The names seem familiar. Tango was created around 1994ish.

tangobaby March 14, 2008 at 5:15 PM  

Yes, they do seem familiar.

Although I think the Tango font dancer looks more like one of the Nicholas Brothers. Or else that guy is *really* nuevo.

The alphabet is very cool and has a storybook, fairytale look to it. Like an art deco woodcut/illuminated manuscript thingy.

b March 14, 2008 at 5:27 PM  

I ain't saying they ripped someone off, just that possibly someone made a "tango" font a really long time ago. :) Maybe that person became a tango dancer one day and went off to hang out in BA, who knows; but maybe at the time all he knew about tango was that scene at the end of Last Tango in Paris.... j't

Anonymous March 15, 2008 at 8:45 PM  

Wow. That is completely fabulous. Let me know if you find a font with salseros or modern dancers!

Anonymous March 16, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

Thank you, lower-case b, for enlightening us about fontspace.com. Like Goodreads, it's another black hole I can get lost in for goodness knows how long.

Tangobaby, you have the coolest readers!

tangobaby March 17, 2008 at 8:44 AM  

Hello atimetodance,

I will put dutchbaby on the case (pun intended). ;-)

Hi dutchbaby,

I am in complete agreement with you on both points. But thank YOU for getting this party started.

xo