julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, July 16, 2007

The First Post

"The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco."
--Mark Twain


Today, I wore a sweater, jeans, and a coat to work. It’s the middle of July. And the best part is that I don’t mind it one bit.

It’s finally dawning on me that I may never need to own a pair of shorts again. That’s a happy thought.

The other thing I realized today is that I actually do live in San Francisco. I’m not here for a long weekend. Up until today, I’ve felt as if I’ve been on some sort of strange holiday, soon to be leaving again and waking up in a place where it's sunny every morning.


I'm not ready to call myself a San Franciscan yet, although I can see where there will come a day that I might.

***

So why the blog?

It's been such an adventure moving to San Francisco, starting my new job downtown and adjusting to a new life here in the City...however, it's been hard to keep up with family and friends.

So my hope is that, in the meantime, I can let you know what's up with me via this blog so that the next time you ask, I haven't already forgotten what I've done (I seem to do that a lot lately)!!!

0 comments: