julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The History Around Us

I work downtown, right off of Union Square. Every morning on my walk to work, I make a point to see something I haven't noticed before (and I always do). San Francisco is full of incredible buildings and architecture, everywhere you look.


As soon as I leave the Muni Montgomery Station underground and emerge to the street level, I see one of San Francisco's historic landmarks, the Hobart Building. This building is a delight to see every day. Apparently, when the building was completed in 1914, it was the tallest in the city. Although the Hobart is now dwarfed by its taller neighbors, it still is the most appealing and interesting building by far.


Also, Hobart is the middle name of one of my favorite people in the whole world...

0 comments: