julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Zooing the Baby



Today was a play day.

My niece came with her mommy (my little sister) and her daddy to see Auntie Tangobaby and Uncle Boy in San Francisco after their Thanksgiving holiday in Chico.



We had a day of firsts:

First big real day at a zoo.

First meerkat village. (Johanna, I told them you said hello.)

First giraffe feeding and first baby giraffe sighting.

First lemurs (all colors).

First owl, peregrine falcon and eagle.

Some lions real close up. We waved hello and they looked at us!

We also roared like they do.

We said "hi" and "bye" and waved to everyone, including the flamingoes, the gorillas, the donkeys and even the Little Puffer Train.




But then!

First cotton candy. Even though Uncle Boy was told not to buy it, he did it anyway when no one was looking.


Now we know that cotton candy is actually crack for babies (although we ate it too).

Here is baby getting a hit from her grandma.

It didn't take baby long to figure out where to score the good stuff.

6 comments:

Anonymous November 25, 2007 at 11:53 AM  

Awwwww! So much cuteness!!! Thanks for for sending along my meerkat regards!

msHedgehog November 25, 2007 at 2:39 PM  

Giant blue eyes!

tangobaby November 25, 2007 at 2:48 PM  

Hi Johanna,

If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't even know what a meerkat was. They all said to say hi to you too, and asked how you were doing. They wanted to know when you were coming up to SF to see them!

;-)

Being around a cute little girl makes your day, that's for sure.

Dear Ms. Hedgehog,

Wait until you can take Perfect Baby Finland with you to the zoo and hold her and show her all the lovely animals. I know she will receive a college-level education from you.

Now I think maybe you should take ME to the zoo.

;-)

Dutchbaby November 26, 2007 at 8:49 AM  

Precious!!!

La Nuit Blanche December 2, 2007 at 2:26 PM  

awww! she even wore a leopard print coat!! so adorable...

please tell me you wore your's too!

tangobaby December 3, 2007 at 11:36 AM  

You know, I almost did wear my fabulous faux fur. But then Auntie Tangobaby opted for her wool pea coat, as is was a blustery day.

As a sidenote, I was putzing around on eBay yesterday and almost bid on a fantastic Max Mara black military coat that looks like yours. It made me miss you, with your little boots and coat, all bundled up!

;-)