julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sikke en dejlig overraskelse!

What a lovely surprise!
(I am trusting Google Translate with the above text, to say what I need to say in Danish.)

***

Yesterday, a white puffy envelope was waiting for me on the porch...
It had traveled far and wide, covered with Danish stamps.

The envelope contained a delightful surprise from my namesake sister-friend in Denmark, Julochka.

I don't know about you, but I think just getting something with stamps on it from another country is exciting.

And then what was inside was even prettier than could be!

The cutest notecard you ever saw, one of Julochka's own special moleskines, and what might be one of the loveliest bound journals I have ever seen.

The fabric is the most amazing blue/green linen fantasy, from her favorite place, Bookbinders Design in Oslo. The book is so pretty that I'm almost afraid to spoil it!

How DID she know that this color book would make me swoon with delight?

Because she's fabulous... and so very smart!

Here's a little of what you need to know about Julochka:

midwestern girl grows up, meets lovely danish boy in fragment of former yugoslavia (as one does), follows him home and lives happily ever after, traveling merrily around the world and writing stories for a living.

She really is all these things, and much, much more.
So please stop by her blog, Moments of Perfect Clarity, and say hello. You will enjoy your visit very much and I promise you'll visit often.

***

Thank you, Julochka!

Tak, Julochka!
(did I say that right?)

xoxo

5 comments:

Anonymous August 23, 2008 at 4:28 PM  

What a lovely gift to receive :-) I will definitely check her blog out!

christina August 23, 2008 at 5:29 PM  

I must visit her blog! Oh stamps and a package that is glorious!

Leaning Shanty Farm August 23, 2008 at 11:27 PM  

Oh Fun!! All of that is completely delightful!! And there is NOTHING better than getting a lovely package with stamps...esp. when from other countries!! :)

julochka August 24, 2008 at 4:20 AM  

the google translator did good! :-) very glad it arrived and that you liked it! :-)

xoxox,
/j

paris parfait August 24, 2008 at 6:01 AM  

What a treat! Am off to explore her blog. xoxox