julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, September 3, 2009

After 40 million years, a pelican is basically a dog with wings.

IMG_0200

Yesterday, I wished I had a pocketful of fish.

***

Hi guys!

How've you been? Good? Good!

;-)

***

I won't be around much online for the next few days.
Today and tomorrow I'm doing photos with Magic Christian now that the whole band is together. Friday night is their show at the Great American Music Hall, so I hope some of you can make it. (Tix are still available.)

But in the meantime, I wanted to share something cool that happened yesterday.

***

I met this little fellow.

IMG_0167

He was hanging out on one of the piers over at Crissy Field, and a few people were giving him little tiny fish that they had caught.

IMG_0191

He/she (how does one tell) was obviously not shy. I got quite close to take these shots.
It's so exciting to see a non-human little person up close (this fella did have a cute personality so to me he was definitely a person.)

IMG_0174

Just another San Franciscan enjoying the fine day and the company of others.

You can see more pics of my little buddy here.

And you can learn more about pelicans here. After I took these photos, I was so fascinated by what I had captured that I wanted to learn more.

8 comments:

Nancy Ewart September 3, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Another fabulous post by a fabulous lady- have a great weekend and let me know when we can have that long delayed, low carb lunch. I'm in school on Wednesday (got in one class anyway) but I'm free, cheap and easy (but only for you!)

An Open Heart September 3, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

I watched the slide show of the dog, I mean pelican....it's almost like he/she was posing for you....
great pics!

;o)
S

Char September 3, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

enjoy your doings! :)

Anonymous September 3, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

That's one chilled out pelican :-)

Cartooncharacter September 3, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

That little guy's so cute, "I want to hug him and squeeze him and call him George"!

Marilyn Miller September 3, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Communing with nature in visits with little guys is so special. I am happy you had this brief interlude.

rosedale's 4head September 3, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

i agree with one follower, this pelican was definitely posing for Tango!

Relyn Lawson September 6, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

Oh, what a wonderful adventure. Wish I had been there, too.