julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Sunday, August 30, 2009

And a merry time was had by all...

Last night at Tedda Hughes...

Me and Kelly Rae. Photo taken by Kay Vee, Inc.

***

What a fun event! I definitely need to have more shows. Yes, more shows indeed... just to be around so many wonderful people.

Autumn, amazing Autumn. This wouldn't have happened if not for her generosity. She has a huge, fun spirit!

This was the crowd at Tedda's at 9pm, two hours into the event. We had a great turnout.

Me and lovely Sarah and her boy, who's showing off some of the cards (mine!) she just purchased.

Me and Kelly. New artist friend whom I hope to share more with you.

What would an event be without my little Chipmonkey and her charming, handsome beau. I loved hearing people say, "Oh! So you're Chipmonkey!" I hope she gets famous.

A few holes but still more to look at. My work will be up until Sept. 20.

***

The Boy wasn't able to get photos of all the people who came, but I also want to thank Mr. N-Judah himself: Greg Dewar, Plug 1 & Plug 2, Donald Kinney, Jeremy Brooks and his lovely wife, my beauties Kelly Rae and Soad, SF Mike, Vivian, Mary, Abby, sweet Shannon, precious Rachael, delightful Kay Vee and the famous Yotsuba, my favorite magician Christian Cagigal and his beautiful lady Marilette, and my best advocate NamasteNancy. I'm sure there is someone I'm forgetting, but truly, I don't mean to.

And to all of you who couldn't make it but sent their best wishes, tweets and love... thank you! All was received and definitely felt.

***

ps.: If anyone has some photos to share, please let me know.

18 comments:

Unknown August 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

It was great to meet you! Your art looks wonderful in a frame.

Beth Spotswood August 30, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

I'm so sorry I couldn't make it. Because turns out, I COULD HAVE.
I got stood up. By a douchebag that is now dead to me, but still, it sucks all the worse that I missed your big night.
It looks fabulous and is so deserved.
Congratulations JULIE!!!!!

Sherry August 31, 2009 at 4:48 AM  

The joy of having a show like this is magnified by the support and love of friends, family, new friends and strangers! Glad it was such a success!!

Adan August 31, 2009 at 6:07 AM  

that is fantastic! hope you sold EVERYTHING!

d smith kaich jones August 31, 2009 at 6:15 AM  

YOu look fabulous & happy! Congratulations!!!!

:) Debi

Andi August 31, 2009 at 7:21 AM  

Congrats Julie! Wish I could have been there, I will be heading over before the show is over!

Camels & Chocolate August 31, 2009 at 7:34 AM  

Looks and sounds amazing! Bummed I couldn't come, but I'm planning on heading over to see your stuff Wednesday =)

Brad August 31, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

Damn, looks like it was an awesome time. Sorry I couldn't make it. :(

Huge congrats on getting your work up and displayed, and it generating a lot of buzz!

Char August 31, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

congrats - and it looks as though you had a great success!

Relyn Lawson August 31, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

So, so super excited for you!! I know you have more wonderful things ahead.

Anonymous August 31, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

How fun!!! What a great turnout to your debut. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

diana murphy August 31, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

Oh, glory be. This is amazing.

Blessings, kudos, hugs and congratulations from me to you.


(Is the Buddha Bar shot featured?)

Marilyn Miller August 31, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

So good to hear you had a wonderful first night. Congratulations! You are on your way.

Anonymous August 31, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

I am completely jealous!

Anonymous September 2, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

thats so exciting tangobaby! cant wait for sept 20th!

Civic Center September 3, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

Dear tangobaby: Put up a couple of photos over at "Civic Center." Also, in some kind of synchronicity, I was communing with a fox while you were hanging with the pelican.

Just Jules September 4, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

oh yippy! See, Julie (myself) if you take the time to read Julie's (your) blog you would know and wouldn't have to harass her on facebook!

I am soooo glad it went well. I love love love it. Especially the pics where people are buying the stuff

Dutchbaby September 5, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

Congratulations, Julie! I am enjoying watching a new part of you life unfold into a gorgeous blossom. Keep following your passions!