julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, August 21, 2009

This bitch is buzzin'...

Yep, that's me.

***

There's a lot of things twirling around in my world just this week. Leaves me a little giddy, to be honest. After glowing reviews from Beth Spotswood and Kristin Luna, my trifecta of insanely flattering praise is complete.

Thank you, Kate Kotler of bitchbuzz.com!

I'm a Woman to Watch!
YAY!

***

Not to stop there, I just finished creating the brand new Magic Christian band website, and I'm pretty damn proud of it. Not only am I getting to take photos of the guys, but I'll be their webmistress, blogger, facebooker, twitter and all-around social media girl. Pretty funny considering where I've come from lately, but I love working with Paul and Cyril and I'm going to do whatever I can to help their band really take off.

Click on the photo and see the new site.

The guys keep talking about sending my photos to Rolling Stone, so of course I keep singing that song in my head. Adam says I need to watch Almost Famous again. I think I will if my next shoot with the drummer and the bassist turn out good.

And to think that just two days ago I was running around with a knife and a hammer and swearing my head off. I'm glad things took a turn for the better. (Thanks to those of you who pitied me or laughed at me.)

***

ps.: I swear I'll update you on my photography show soon. The install is on Sunday and then it will feel more real.

xoxo

13 comments:

DollZandThingZ August 21, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

That is a really great article on you and your work. Congratulations! You deserve the recognition -- you ARE a woman to watch!

Diane Schuller August 21, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

bravo -- just went and read it -- very well deserved!

Adan August 21, 2009 at 6:27 PM  

you know we will be here waiting for you when you let us know how it goes. Ye you DO need to watch almost famous. I want to write about these guys and we can accompany that with your photos hows that?

i just need 3 weeks and 10 grand. I could tour with these guys. How cool would that be?

lol!

Char August 21, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

fantastic news and that movie is good regardless.

Anonymous August 21, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

Adam and I both gave you awards:

http://louismduke.blogspot.com/2009/08/superior-scribbler.html

Lol, to add to your long list I suppose!

shabby girl August 22, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You're an incredibly talented woman. Who knows what's next for you. All good things, I'm sure.

AphotoAday August 22, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

Now, didn't I tell you that thing were going to improve and take off for you?

Please remember me when you become the NEW Annie Leibowitz...

Love the Magic Christian website -- nice and tight!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats August 22, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

Nice, funky, trendy article and I've always loved that photo of you with the smoky eyes. Nice webdesign for the band, too...oh, the days of liner notes...

d smith kaich jones August 22, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

Girl!! Yes baby!!!!

Cynthia Pittmann August 23, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

Congratulations on your new venture-excellent match to your personality and energy level. I couldn't find the link to the interview-article about you? Exciting developments here! <3

robin bird August 23, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

i can hardly keep up with the developments in your creative life and yet am i surprised by any of this attention? not one spec! you have earned it proper, through effort and passion and sheer determination!
go girl!!

Relyn Lawson August 24, 2009 at 5:38 AM  

Now there's a wonderful development. All this wonderful news is beginning my day with a great big Yippie!! I am so happy for you.

christina August 29, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

Hey you! So many good things, happening your way. Congrats! Your photos are amazing, as always.