julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, August 24, 2009

Now You're Invited!

To see my photos at Tedda Hughes! Or just stop by and say hello.

***

I had to hang the stuff up first before I could really tell you about it.

Q: How many girls does it take to hang a picture?

A: One that knows what she's doing.

That girl, however, wasn't me.
Don't let the picture fool you.

That girl was my darling Chipmonkey.

She got the bright idea to lay everything out on the floor before putting it on the wall.

Look how dedicated she was to preserving this historic moment!

Chipmonkey even made me look good!

Thank you, little Chipmonkey!

***

So, if you can come to Tedda's, besides a hug from me, there are several other artists' works to enjoy, you can have a glass of wine and a snack, see a performance by Miss GAPA 2009 and maybe even witness a little fire spinning. Seriously.

You should come.

xoxo

***

August 29
7-10pm (although it sounds like the fun -- ie., performance -- starts at 8pm)
Tedda Hughes
1623 Polk Street
San FRANcisco!

18 comments:

Relyn Lawson August 24, 2009 at 5:36 AM  

I would give a lot to be there. Congratulations!! I am so very excited for you. Very, very!

iasa August 24, 2009 at 6:37 AM  

Congrats!

Wish I could be there, sounds like alot of fun.

Anonymous August 24, 2009 at 6:55 AM  

I think I'll skip school, drain the bank account with my life savings, and come out. Whatdya thank?

Camels & Chocolate August 24, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

You look darling in that top photo! And your exhibit looks so great! Bummed I can't come, but will plug it on 7x7 on Wednesday! Smooches!

An Open Heart August 24, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

YAY! Woooo Hooooo! I'm seriously thinking about driving over on Saturday......

I hope it goes fabulously for you!

best wishes,
S

I'm Katie. August 24, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

But... but... how long will it be hanging up, etc? I'm in SF on the 18th! I was so excited! Dammit.

d smith kaich jones August 24, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

:) It was just a matter of time. I am so excited for you & proud of you & well, hey! Congratulations & Good Luck!!!!!

xox
Debi

Brad August 24, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

We'll be there - and maybe bring some others... Awesome on your show!

Adan August 24, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

i totally wish i was there. i should take Lee's advice and hop a plane.

i got to get out there!

AphotoAday August 24, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

I'm really going to try to make it over to the City on the 29th...
That day is actually my 62nd birthday and this should be a real treat!

~DokterKenny August 24, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

Good luck Sweetie. If I didn't have an immensely important performance that night you know I would be there! I am sure it will be a great event and yo are right I will be there in spirit!

glnroz August 24, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

Cant be there, I will be on the opposite coast. Just take some pictures for all of us that can't make it. Congrat to the top.. glenn

Char August 24, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

congrats!!!!! It's going to be fab

Marilyn Miller August 24, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

Congratulations on the show. Good vibes are being sent your way for much success. You are on your way, hooray!

robin-bird August 24, 2009 at 6:36 PM  

you are on your way girl... no surprise but a lot of smiles and a desire to run all the way down the freeway to get there..the worlds longest marathon, i'd have blistered feet and be sweaty but hey, you're worth it! it is a momentous occasion dear friend!!

Anonymous August 24, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

I am kvelling here!!! Have a fabulous time. I so wish I could be there.

Anonymous August 28, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

Now if it wasn't for a pesky ocean called the Atlantic... I'd be there, I so wish that I could be there.

I'm so excited for you :-)

The Archduchess August 29, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

I would love to be there. Your photos are always marvelous.

Good luck and have fun!