julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sometimes it takes so little...

...to make a person happy.

Sometimes I wonder why it is so hard for those of us who have so much?

Meet Chewie, Little Fluff and Patricia.

If you are around Polk Street @ California, you might see them on the corner. Give them a dollar or two if you can. Stop and pet the cats for a moment. They love company and a kind word.

More later but I'm so dog tired. I wish I had someone who could take dictation and type my blog for me. Any takers?

***

Long story very very short, I was in a boutique today with someone who will be featured in i live here:SF very soon. She said to the boutique owner that I'm a photographer and the woman said, "Hey, you want to have a show here?"

Just like that.

Could it really be that easy?

Yes. I guess it can.

More on that too if there's something to tell.

12 comments:

Sangroncito August 12, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

a show....fantastic!

AphotoAday August 13, 2009 at 3:12 AM  

Hey, a show -- that's GREAT!
And yeah, I guess that is how these sort of things happen -- well congratulations...

And NO SLEEP for the photographer/blogger -- hit those bricks and get those stories...

And yeah, that hat -- I've also met Patricia, a few months ago, but she had just received news that the vet had put one of her cats down, and she was very, very upset...

Well, to make a long story short, I heard this huge commotion coming out of a vet's office;   "You killed my cat", followed by a huge door-slam that should have shattered the glass but somehow didn't...

Anyway, I found myself walking with her down to the next corner while I was trying to be as sympathetic as possible, but it was not a good day for Patricia.   I should look her up some time...

~DokterKenny August 13, 2009 at 5:12 AM  

I want an invite dammit!

Cynthia Pittmann August 13, 2009 at 5:13 AM  

Great idea-a show! The universe supports you! <3

Adan August 13, 2009 at 5:49 AM  

awesome! totally totally awesome!

You must tell us more to that story!!

An Open Heart August 13, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

Congrats! Well deserved and like K said, I want an invite, too! Can't wait to hear the details!

robin bird August 13, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

i'm smiling, smiling, smiling :) yes! just that easy if you include all the hours of practice both with the camera and lightroom! i am very, very pleased for you!!!!

next time i am at polk street and california (i will be you know.) i will stop and give, pet and visit.
XOXO much love to you my girl!!

Anonymous August 13, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

A show! That is fantastic! I am excited for you!

Marilyn Miller August 13, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

How exciting, a show! Isn't it wonderful to be recognized for your photography? You will do great things, I just know it.

Betty Manousos August 14, 2009 at 5:39 AM  

congrats! I like so much your blog,your photos, the list of"things I have to do".
I added you on my list of Recommended Blogs.
I follow you pls follow me
Pls visit my blog: cutand-dry.blogspot.com
Thank you
Betty

Dutchbaby August 14, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

I agree, even a small kindness can make a big difference.

Red Shoes August 14, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

Yes, it can be that easy. Huzzah for the art world!

xoxo