julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, December 27, 2007

For My Friends in Oregon

Dear Ms. Wellspring and Ms. J:

I remember when I first came under the spell of the enigmatic Opal Whiteley, having read her diary in the book by Benjamin Hoff. I have been reading books about Opal ever since. Her story is magically mysterious and fascinating.

Opal lived in Cottage Grove, and she must have been one of Oregon's most famous native daughters during her young adulthood (if she really was not the long lost daughter of the French royal family).

Hope you both are enjoying your family time up north, and just thought you'd enjoy a little bit of Oregonian history, too, if you didn't already know about Miss Whiteley.

;-)

tangobaby

5 comments:

studio wellspring December 31, 2007 at 10:03 AM  

thank you so very much for this ~ i hadn't ever heard of her but i'm now fascinated! can't wait to see you soon and tango til our feet fall off! ;o)

tangobaby December 31, 2007 at 1:19 PM  

As soon as I get over this blasted cold, we'll definitely dance up a storm. Welcome home!

;-)

tangobaby December 31, 2007 at 1:19 PM  

Oh, and you can borrow my Opal Whitely books, if you want.

j January 2, 2008 at 12:48 PM  

Hi tbaby! I hadn't heard of ms. whitely, either! thanks for thinking of us, and i'm excited to add this to my growing list of things that qualify as my one resolution for 08: learn more! hope we see you soon, dahling.

tangobaby January 2, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

Hi J,

Read Benjamin Hoff's book first. I promise you'll love it. Of course I'll see you soon. We're practically neighbors.

Happy new year, sweetie.