julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, May 25, 2009

In my next life, I want to be British

Brian & Eileen's Wedding Music Video. from LOCKDOWN projects on Vimeo.



I daresay that this video is like 99.9% as good as the Susan Boyle video.

This video also made me question my almost terminal wedding phobia and also made me totally miss Freddie Mercury. I am going to have to listen to Queen's Greatest Hits all day today.

If the above statements weren't enough to make you watch this video, then you are a party pooper.

***

ps.: The picnic was fun, even though it was bloody freezing and the sun never came out. But K was always surrounded by a few people, talking quietly, and I loved looking over to see her smile or laugh at times. That was mostly what I wanted, so that she felt like real people were there to meet her and care about her. I never saw the kids at all, they were on the playground for hours. They ran over once or twice to inhale some food and then to dash off again.

And meeting a few people that I've only corresponded with via email or spoken to on the phone... gosh, I love that. And Gabby drove for hours just to be with us. What a sweetheart. You have no idea how cool this guy is (well, if you read his blog, you do!). And Nancy came early and kept me company and helped me carry all of the food to the park. Thank you! And then Greg and I watched Dark Passage at my house afterwards.

And apparently the trick to the best brownies ever (no, it's not that, silly) is 3/4 cup of Nutella added to the mix. Best brownies EVAH. Sarah, you're awesome! And not just because of the brownies. I'm so glad I know you.

10 comments:

julochka May 25, 2009 at 7:48 AM  

great video! totally inspired.

and i'm gonna need that brownie recipe. :-)

sounds like you had a wonderful day and it may have been as healing for you as it for K.

yay blogosphere!

msHedgehog May 25, 2009 at 7:49 AM  

That's hilarious. And I hate weddings!

Cynthia Pittmann May 25, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

Great wedding video...it made me think of Four Weddings and a Funeral...cute...I love to see everyone enjoying themselves.

It sounds as if you had a pleasant if cold day at the park with K and the kids...what a deep breath of regular life you gave them...love to you and here's hoping that your next life is British! <3

Yoli May 25, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

Oh I love this..LOL! How are you my Tangobaby?

Laura Doyle May 25, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

Wow, do you have like a secret archive of hilarious videos? You always come up with some doozies. Glad to hear about the picnic, although it's too bad the sunshine didn't attend. Oh well, right? If I was within driving distance, I would have been there in a second. We need to get this transporter technology going here.

Mari May 25, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Oh my god, that was fantastic, best thing I've seen all weekend! That is one of our perk me up songs in the afternoon, and we always wonder what Freddie Mercury would have gone on to do... and mmm, nutella brownies!

Just Jules May 25, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

I love hearing about the picnic - makes my heart feel warm

Nancy Ewart May 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

I had a very good time- it was wonderful to see K smile and the kids are a delight. The little girl is going to be a beauty! All that plus brownies. Yummny good. Do NOT give me the recipe. I don't want to know. They were so good I'd be tempted to make them.

A Cuban In London May 26, 2009 at 7:03 AM  

Bicycle, bicycle, bicycle, I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike, I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride where I like.

So, what kind of Brit would you like to be? A Cockney, a Scouse, a Mancunian, a Scot, a Welsh :-)?

Freddie was around my blog a couple of Sundays ago singing his Melancholy Blues on a nice Spring Sunday Morning. Not that you will find that tune in the Greatest Hits, mind. No, it's tucked away at the end of the 'News of the World' album, the one with 'We Will Rock You', ''We Are the Champions' and 'Spread Your Wings'.

Nice to read you again after so long.

Greetings from London.

christina May 26, 2009 at 7:10 AM  

Nutella huh? I am so glad you all had a wonderful time. Love sent your way for k and her family and little Helen.
xo
Again, why do I live so far away. ; (
Adding a very small gift from m&j, today. ; )