julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Adventuress

Does this look like the kind of girl who just got her Arctic Ocean Polar Bear Ice Swimming Certificate?

too pretty to be real?

Well, she did.

Meet Kristin, the most beautiful and charming professional travel writer ever. When she's not running marathons, camping in the Sahara or dodging icebergs, she calls San Francisco her home. I am so glad I had the opportunity to meet Kristin through my photography project: she's someone I'm definitely going to love getting to know. For those of you who are armchair travelers and suffer from frequent bouts of wanderlust (like myself), you'll want to bookmark Kristin's travel blog, Camels and Chocolate, for regular infusions of wonderful travel stories, writing and insights.

The girl is truly an inspiration on many levels.

UPDATE 11:34am: Wow. Here's Kristin's post about our photo shoot day. It's way better reading than mine!

***

You can read more about Kristin on i live here: SF.

ps.: Yes, she really does have a Polar Bear Ice Swimming Certificate.

pss.: This particular photo was taken in the window of Tedda Hughes, who graciously let us frolic in her boutique. You'll be hearing more about Tedda as that is the location for my photography show coming up at the end of the month!

7 comments:

Greg August 19, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

very cool

but also why i'll probably never do a set myself...I'm not nearly as attractive as these awesome folks! :-)

Anonymous August 19, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

I popped over to her a blog and had a look at the photographs. They are beautiful!! You did such an amazing job!

glnroz August 19, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

thnx for the tip. "Got 'er clicked", Am an old wore out armchair adventurer here.. well yhou have read my profile. Your site pretty slick yourself.. thnx agin.

Andi August 19, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

Julie - these photos are GORGEOUS! You are unbelievably talented! Which I already knew - but these are so great!

larkspur August 19, 2009 at 2:33 PM  

You are in flight these days. I love your passion...very inspiring.

Sherry August 20, 2009 at 6:22 AM  

Amazing...I love this photograph! And I'm off to check out Kristin's blog...I love to travel and never get enough of it!!!

Relyn Lawson August 24, 2009 at 5:52 AM  

You meet the most wonderful people. It's the loving, open heart you have.