julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chinatown, My Chinatown


"The United States of America and the Emperor of China cordially recognize the inherent and inalienable right of man to change his home and allegiance, and also the mutual advantage of the free migration and emigration of their citizens and subjects, respectively for purposes of curiosity, of trade, or as permanent residents." ~ Burlingame Treaty of 1868

I've taken a few photos in Chinatown, some from last Saturday and some from this morning that I'm really smitten with and glad I captured. I'm low on words right now, so perhaps these images will speak for me.

11 comments:

Marilyn Miller August 11, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

You photos remind me of another time about 50 years ago when I would visit Chinatown with my grandmother. It was like stepping into another country for a couple hours.

Adan August 11, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

every time you mention china town i think of chinese food. i am hungry now.

Anonymous August 11, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

Love these! It looks like it would be such an amazing place to take some time and explore!

d smith kaich jones August 11, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

They are beautiful images, and images of solitude, almost of loneliness. They speak volumes.

LoisW August 11, 2009 at 11:29 PM  

Wonderful images! Interesting how parts of our cities are so different...

AphotoAday August 12, 2009 at 12:51 AM  

You did really well on your shoots -- some great images here...

I went through the Flickr collection -- you've got some splendid shots, but for some reason I was especially intrigued by the "Playing and Jumping are Dangerous" sign...

Gabby August 12, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Simply amazing as ever! Why does that one older man look like Hubert Humphrey? lol. I so love your work and your heart.

Mandy_Fish August 12, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

Love!

Especially the fishes and the little boy!

SE'LAH... August 12, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

Lovely and poignant shots! Who needs words?

I have so missed visiting you J. I'm glad my mouse brought me here today.

robin-bird August 16, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

oh i love these too, like everyone else who has commented! your style is becoming recognizable by what you choose to photograph as well as how ou process them. great work!
XO

Yoli August 17, 2009 at 6:14 PM  

Julie, you know how dear this is to my heart. I am loving each and every image.