julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Writing this post is not as easy as you might think.

Hi all,

Just a quick hello because I'm headed down to LA to see my grandpa on what has to be the fastest planned trip I've taken yet. He turns 94 on Friday and this seems like it's a happy/sad visit, kind of a hello/happy birthday/goodbye visit. I'm going to try to focus on the happy part and not the sad part, if I can help it.

I didn't want to disappear without saying howdy, and also to let you know that I am typing this post on probably one of the most ancient laptops that still works. It's my dad's, and we actually have to preheat it, like a toaster oven, for about 10 minutes before we can use it. My mom says, "Sid, go preheat the computer so Julie can send an email to her friends!"

And like 10 minutes later, I can use this thing, which makes little windy whirring noises, has a plastic floppy sticking out of the drive (remember those gadgets?!) and has the screen propped up because the hinge is broken and the screen falls over if you don't hold it up with something heavy.

So while I am able, here writing on this preheated computer, I wanted to tell you that the interview I'm posting tomorrow on CALIBER is really cool and you should check it out. I have some "preheated" posts scheduled there so at least there will be something pretty to look at.

Okay, catch you later, peeps. See you when I get back from LaLa Land.

xoxo

6 comments:

Anonymous January 13, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

Have a safe trip down to LA, Julie! Hope it'll be a good one. Take care. :)

Kelly Kilmer January 13, 2010 at 11:39 PM  

Safe travels!

Have a nice time with your Grandpa. I miss mine...xo.

La La Land..it's a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live here (from someone who does live here-lol-and would rather be in No CA). ;)

RNSANE January 14, 2010 at 12:08 AM  

I never knew any of my grandparents so I envy you, Miss Julie. Make it special. I look forward to seeing you when you return! Travel safely.

Brook January 14, 2010 at 3:33 AM  

another tough day in the neighborhood. I miss my grandfathers. Enjoy your time to the fullest. Be safe.

Marilyn Miller January 14, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

Have a good trip. It is tough to say goodbye, but I am sure your will do it with grace. How special that you have getting this opportunity.

Mari January 17, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

Beautiful picture of your family, Julie! Sleep tight.