julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, January 1, 2010

Starting Fresh

Where I like to think a lot of my perspective comes from...



I've posted Pale Blue Dot before, and it's an essay that is worth reading often. I think when the words are juxtaposed with such beautiful visuals, it's incredibly powerful.

"Look again at that dot. That's here, that's home, that's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives...."

"...To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known."

Happy first day. Happy fresh perspective.

13 comments:

shabby girl January 1, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

Just beautiful, TB! Carl saw so much more than most of us. Just a brilliant man.
Happy new year!

Louis Duke Photography January 1, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

the essay is so beautiful. i love it.

Unknown January 1, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

Ah, the pale blue dot. I'm so glad you posted this today. : ) How perfect Julie.

d smith kaich jones January 1, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

A do-over. How fabulous it is that we get one?

Happy happy!

xoxo
Debi

J9 January 1, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

Julie - here's to a new year!

Marilyn Miller January 1, 2010 at 6:38 PM  

Just beautiful! The only home we've ever known, we must preserve and cherish it. Thanks for the reminder.

Loved the Julie Michelle story too.

What a wonderful thing to provide diapers for homeless families.

RNSANE January 2, 2010 at 1:03 AM  

I am happy we share this pale blue dot at the same time and that our paths have, somehow, crossed.

The Rambler January 2, 2010 at 1:05 AM  

Beautiful.

Happy new Year Shiny Gold :)

I'm Audie. January 2, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

I hadn't seen this before. What a wonderful and grounding message. It's always so enlightening to look at Earth from space- it reminds (me, at least) that there are no borders, no worthwhile or lasting differences.

Thank you for this post!

Susan L January 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM  

Julie-Thank you for posting this. I just shared this with my son when we were talking about the new year and a fresh perspective.

Happy New Year!

Susan Larara

LoisW January 3, 2010 at 4:44 PM  

Happy New Year! and a Pale Blue Dot Moon to go with!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats January 10, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

What a great Jan 1 post...I saw this last year..maybe it was even on your blog.

Anonymous January 17, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

I love watching that :-) Thank you for sharing it again!