julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Seems Like Old Times.


You can see the big image here.

***

I don't do New Year's resolutions. I might have in the past, in fact, I'm sure I did at some point in life. Somewhere along the way, I dropped that tradition. Probably wasn't making much headway in whatever I had resolved to do.

And I don't make those lists of things I did in the past, either. I can hardly remember what I did last week, let alone try to scratch out what I was doing a year ago, or heaven help me, a decade ago (this being a more pivotal, albeit still arbitrary date, people really seem to be taking this whole decade thing to heart).

I just figure if I'm going to do something, for good or bad, I'll just do it when I decide to do it. That keeps it pretty simple for me.

That being said, I wanted to give a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you who responded via email or on the blog about helping HAMO and the Diapers for Everyone 2010 Diaper Drive. I have to say I'm a little behind in getting back to you all who volunteered to donate or help in some way, but know your offers are duly noted... and you'll be contacted soon.

I guess I do have a sort of resolution process. It's called Looking Forward to Good Things. Some of those things, like the Diaper Drive and working with HAMO, I know about. The rest: I'll just have to wait to be surprised!

Wishing you the best kind of New Year's Eve in whatever manner you choose to celebrate it. And mostly, a year full of Looking Forward to Good (Surprise) Things.

xoxo

7 comments:

Louis Duke Photography December 31, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

Well, well written :)

Cheryl December 31, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

I love the photo, especially the big image. Wow.

Wishing you a year full of Looking Forward to Good Things in 2010!

J9 December 31, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

Hey Julie - I'll be joining the HAMO in some way - working on how and what that will look like from my side of the bay.
J9

RNSANE December 31, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

Goodness, Julie, at 65, I can't tell you the number of resolutions I have made and broken. So I don't continue them any more. I have resolved only to try to keep breathing and to live each day as best I can. That's positively enough to tackle.

You are such a good soul, in a young body and have my utmost admiration. Kudos to you from an old gal. I love that you have taken on the diapers project and feel empathy for the homeless and victims of domestic violence.

Blessings in the new year and for eternity.

Carmen Henesy aka RNSANE

Yoli December 31, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

A toast to you kid! Happy New Year!

A Fitness Minute with Pat Anderson January 1, 2010 at 6:05 AM  

Wishing you a healthy New Year!
Pat

melissashook January 1, 2010 at 7:10 AM  

Happy New Year, Tangobaby. I hope you will be up to your eyeballs in diapers!