julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The other one.

Her name's Julie Michelle, too. And she got the domain name before me, dammit.

***

Since I never seem to have enough online presence lately, I looked into registering my name as an idea for my online store, which has been way too long in the making. A smart person would have done this BEFORE the holidays.

I think anyone who's been blogging long enough, and the reasons for doing so morph into other avenues over time, probably realize late into the game that perhaps their first chosen blogging name doesn't hold up in the long run. Certainly my blogging friends Beth Spotswood and Troy Holden have found this out. You grow out of your blogger name because eventually it's your real world name that most people need to relate to, not your alter ego/superhero name.

I feel like I'm confusing the hell out of myself, let alone other people who might decide to follow me. First it was tangobaby. Then TangobabyinSF on twitter. i live here:SF for the eponymous site. femmefotographie for my "real" website. And now Julie Michelle on CALIBER.

So when it came time to see if another Julie Michelle had beaten me to the punch, I was a bit bummed. It's not really that big of a deal, I could be JulieMichellePhotography.com or something similar.

I showed The Boy this other Julie Michelle and now he seems to feel like he's gotten the wrong girl.

12 comments:

b December 27, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

I checked the domain for your real name. It's available. :)

tangobaby December 27, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

Is it?!! I'll check again! Thanks!

Now all's I need is a rubber dress and some major implants.

Dutchbaby December 27, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

The Boy got the right girl by a long shot.

eriktrips December 27, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

I'll just say that a)nobody should stream music on their index page without a pause button and b)judging by web presence, you seem much more interesting than she does.

I'm going to keep the rest of the snark to myself. Except: I wish her luck. She's going to need it.

MELI. December 27, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

there's no other julie for me. ur it baby! ;-)
well hope you find your warm and fuzzy domain, weather is tangojulie or what not, I'll follow ya <3

much luv xo/m

melissashook December 28, 2009 at 4:33 AM  

Oh, Tangobaby, that other one is sure something....
I doubt that the boy would have lived through the experience...

~DokterKenny December 28, 2009 at 6:20 AM  

wow those must come with their own zip/area code. However I agree the Boy got the better Julie for sure!

Yoli December 28, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

Those puppies enter the room before her! Who is she a dominatrix? I agree with the others, the Boy got the better Julie.

Brenda Susan December 28, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

Oh, my eyes, they hurt! Her eyes say.."Don't you dare say anything negative about me, I am wonderful because I am huge!"

Louis Duke Photography December 28, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

This made me laugh. Funny, funny. All she's got on you are the boobs.

d smith kaich jones December 28, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

The very oddest thing happened. I tried to leave a comment here this morning, but the window that popped up looked strange & I thought What's Julie know that I don't?, which I'm sure is lots of stuff, but I digress. I left my one word comment - Dang! with a smiley face - but it never showed up. Odd, but no biggie and I went on my way. Just now, checking my OWN blog, I found I had somehow, via some cyber wormhole, created a new post for ME, and there it was, on my blog, a new post called The Other One, with my comment and a link to this post. How I did that I have no idea, but it would be cool thing to know for those days I have no ideas. I am laughing at all the people who visited my blog, wondering if they linked here, saw those breasts, and thought I had lost my mind.

God is happy, memsahib. He plays with us!

:) Debi

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats January 10, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Gee, doesn't her red lipstick just jump right out at you? Oh...you could be jmitchell and avoid julie googlers all together