julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Fairy Godmother Photographer

My original image, with a very nice crop and rounded edge provided by Melissa, who is writing a magical baby blog for the daughter she will be meeting soon, Everly.

***

I've decided that January is my month. It's the month where I'm going to make things happen, photography-wise. Networking, marketing, whatever I can do. Like I mentioned before, it's not enough to just take the pictures now. I have to try to do something else with them.

I'm hoping that some solutions and ideas will come naturally to me (mostly because I really don't know where to start) and also because what I want to do most is take the pictures.

***

A few weeks ago, I did a maternity photo shoot with beautiful Melissa (who was one of my early adopters for i live here:SF) and her handsome and talented husband Brent (who is the latest subject). I'm loving how their set came out and found the shoot to be very inspiring. I'm also enjoying taking photos of parents and their kids and I have a few more shoots like that coming up. And some parties, a wedding. Maybe more in the hopper, who knows? Let's hope so.

Anyway, there's something very sweet about being on the sidelines of someone else's life. You get to peek in, share some beauty, and then give them something to remember forever. Kind of like being a fairy godmother. Bibbity bobbity boo!

So if any of you have ideas for me, business wise, networking wise, client wise: let me know. I'm looking for all kinds of connections and advice. You never know where the next great meeting will come from.

I'm still updating my site, and will be as more shoots come along.

7 comments:

Muznah December 19, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

Gorgeoussss shots! I wished I lived in your area so that I could get you to photograph us :)

Marilyn Miller December 19, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

Amazing photo shoot. Just lovely! Good luck with dreams yet undreamed coming true.

RNSANE December 19, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

Such lovely photos - I can't wait to see the ones of Everly!

shabby girl December 19, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

Such a wonderful shot! I love the little ice skates!

We are wondering what to do with photos as well, especially as we think about going out on the road.

I just think that what you do would be so excellent for a weekly newspaper insert. SF would absolutely love it. I know things are hard that way right now, but you are the woman to make it happen!

Kirsten Steen December 20, 2009 at 12:42 AM  

Congrats on the Chronicle feature! Have you thought of doing any Boudoire photography?!
Happy Holidays to you!
Kirsten

Mary-Laure December 20, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

What a divine picture, such radiance.

Check out the pics of my sister's wedding in Paris, I just posted them on my blog...

Alexander Santillanes December 22, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

That photo really is amazing. Good luck making January work for you, hope it goes brilliantly! -X