julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, December 14, 2009

The Stories of Our Lives.

"Three big things happened to me when I moved to San Francisco: I found myself; I met the love of my life; and I got breast cancer." ~ Sonia, i live here:SF

This is the second time in about two weeks that someone has emailed me their i live here:SF story to me and I've read it on my iPhone, crying, in a public place. The other person was Mike. I'm so touched how beautiful (and beautifully written) some of these stories are, and then so blown away by what people want to share with me, and you, by proxy.

I really don't know much, if anything, about my subjects. I like to be in the dark. I don't really want their stories to influence how I take pictures of them. I did know that Sonia had had breast cancer. I didn't know anything else about her life.

Her story is a beautiful San Francisco love story. Read it, share it with your friends. Leave a comment for Sonia on i live here:SF (she'll like that), and then find someone you love and TELL THEM you love them. Or hug them or kiss them — I don't care. Just be with someone YOU love.


ps.: I wanted to thank all of you who commented on my recent post about Julie & Julia (you know, the post where I actually wrote something and didn't immediately send you to another website.)

I keep meaning to come back to you here and share another story. I have a few in the hopper of my mind. But like all things last week, something else inevitably comes first. And then there are other stories that are so much better than what I was going to say, like Sonia's, that I just have to let them get in the front of the line.

3 comments:

Cheryl December 14, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

I've mostly just lurked around your site, occasionally reading something or looking at pictures from those other places you send us.

I just wanted to say a proper thank you for the joy your writing and your photos has brought to me.

Happy Holidays.

Anonymous December 14, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

tangobaby, every time i come here i cry. i love all the sf stories. you are priveleged to be piecing together such compassion and empathy for your neighbors. happy hanakuh and holiday

AphotoAday December 14, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

Yep, Sonia's story definitely needed to go to the top of the priorities... Cancer has never played fair... I think Sonia, Homer, and Mr. Right will be just fine...