julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Internet Tantrum

I'm up early for what looks like another marathon day of nose blowing and figuring out which corner of the sofa I'll be foxholed in all day.

Apparently, yesterday was the Solstice, so had I not been so self-absorbed (not possible, really) I would have written introspective and heart-searching things but dammit, I missed all that. I guess now it's too late. I'm still in mourning that very soon we will not be able to get Egg Nog Lattes from Pete's, which is a terribly seasonal injustice.

Nobody guessed what the brown thing on a stick was from yesterday's post (although some of you surmised it was chocolate: close, but no cigar). And then I got all hung up in reading my own past posts that bear the tag "bitching and/or whining". Not surprisingly, there are quite a few posts in this vein. A preponderance of illnesses, work gripes and public transportation fiascos, some of which I barely remember. But at the time were all foot-stompingly, indignantly worthy of the tag.

I guess in looking back at my past internet tantrums, all I can say for myself is that I'm grateful they weren't really significant. A cold, yeah... we all get them. And if you live in SF, you LIKE making fun of MUNI, no matter what you say. And jobs? What are those again? I'm broke as hell but I love not having to deal with a dysfunctional group of prima donnas anymore. (I guess I'll have to delete this part of the post when I start sending out resumes again). So life is good, despite the tag I give it.

So, here I started out making wads of used Kleenex on my desk and deciding what to bitch about this morning... and still got all (slightly) introspective despite myself. I'm sure I'll get over it soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous December 22, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

i sure hope you get better tangobaby. you have been sick it seems for a while. i'm not doing so good myself but mine is some sort of stomach ailment. i enjoy your introspections and your bitchings!! and you're right...thank God none of these are life altering.

RNSANE December 23, 2009 at 6:04 AM  

Feel free to have a tantrum or two. I've done plenty of that since I lost my job in February. I know people wish I'd get over it but it's slow going!! You write so well but, if it isn't paying your bills, then there has to be another source of income.

J9 December 23, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

I've been off line for a couple of days - but I'll guess chocolate covered bacon on a stick.

Dutchbaby December 23, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

I, and the rest of my family, had that same cold - it's wretched. Mucinex-D turned out to be our savior. Works great with lots of hot tea. Feel better soon!

Marilyn Miller December 24, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

Oh yes, Mucinex-D is the best. Get well soon.
Have a special Christmas and I look forward to more wonderful pictures and ranting.