julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, December 21, 2007

Santa Baby

Dear Santa,

I really don't know what to ask you for (yet). It's been such a great and exciting year, all things considered. I think I pretty much have everything a girl could want.

I guess I'll just ask for more of the same: love, friendship, health, dancing, travel and maybe some more shoes from Remix.

If I think of anything else, do I still have a few more days to in get my request, or is there a cutoff date?

Thank you,

tangobaby



PS.: Santa, if I were you, I'd use the chimney in the front room. But you probably knew that already.



***

Tina and Alex already posted their favorite Christmas movie.

It just isn't Christmas for me unless I've watched my favorite double feature: Jean Shepard's charming A Christmas Story and the classic British film Scrooge (1951). Both films are presented in their entirety (but in sections) on youtube, thanks to some devoted fans. Scrooge can't be embedded but if you click on this link, you'll get to the first part and then you can take it from there.

Of course, I'd recommend you get the DVDs. And a box of kleenex for when you watch Scrooge. It's the best version of all of The Christmas Carol movies. Promise.




Here's a funny little coincidence: The Boy looks a lot like Ralphie, except he isn't blond. But he does have those exact same glasses and a big dimple. And he is always getting into trouble.

***

If I am not watching these movies, then I might be working on drinking my year's supply of egg nog while listening to Vince Guaraldi's jazzy classic Charlie Brown Christmas or David Sedaris' stupendously hilarious story of Crumpet the Elf in the epic Santaland Diaries.

(Small question: why isn't egg nog available all year round? I don't think that's right.)

Happy Happy Happy Holidays to all of you!

xo

2 comments:

Tina December 23, 2007 at 1:00 PM  

"Fraaa-geeee-laaayy.... hum. Must be Italian"

I love A Christmas Story!

Hey Merry Christas, you! :-)

tangobaby December 24, 2007 at 11:35 AM  

Ha Ha, Tina! Oh yes!

I love that part. The Major Award.

But having worked in a Chinese restaurant as a teenager, I have to admit that my other favorite part of the movie is the Chinese Turkey and when they sing Deck the Halls. Fa ra ra ra ra.

Happy Holidays to you, m'dear. (I was watching Charlie Brown's Christmas last night while I was reorganizing our DVD collection and thought of you.)

;-)