julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Saturday, December 20, 2008

I Think Jon Stewart Secretly Reads My Blog

Guys, I know some of you recall way back when during the election madness when I had this total realization that some Hall and Oates songs were really politically prophetic?

Well, I'm catching up on my Daily Show episodes (because I don't need it to watch it as much right now so that I can sleep without having nightmares), and I see this:



So either Jon Stewart OR Hall and Oates OR both read my blog and were totally inspired by me.

That can be the only explanation, right? Well, whatever it is, this song is still really funny. (Jon! Hire me! I have Fridays free starting in January. I can telecommute.)

ps.: Just so you know, I am actually working today. That's why I have written four posts today.

13 comments:

Silliyak December 20, 2008 at 3:58 PM  

Working at getting out of your pj's?

tangobaby December 20, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

Unfortunately, I failed in that regard. I did not clean my room, either. Or buy food.

But I did work on a website for The Boy.

Silliyak December 20, 2008 at 4:06 PM  

Room cleaning is SO overrated. For one thing it eliminates fun (re)discoveries. Recently while searching for our disappeared cat, I found a long lost Irish drum. The cat reappeared when she felt like it.

tangobaby December 20, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

It's so overrated that that is why I never do it. ;-)

I'm glad you found your cat, though.

BohemianCatLady December 20, 2008 at 4:27 PM  

I made a blog entry about My Favorite Things and made a reference about not being Oprah, but at least my list was affordable....and then I saw on tv several days later that Oprah's list this year is thrift store items! So, yeah, TOTALLY know what you mean! And even though she probably made that segment awhile back, I still like to maintain in my head that she took the idea from me and I'm such a hip starving artist now, lol.

Genna December 20, 2008 at 5:47 PM  

That was the most fabulous clip. Thanks for sharing. And, yes, I think Jon should hire you.

Wendy December 20, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

You have my vote, too. Alan rulz. I've been listening to him since he was on talk radio.

Mari December 20, 2008 at 6:52 PM  

The poor guy. I hope they paid him a lot, 'cause that would have SUCKED to go to work everyday and listen to Sean Hannity...can you imagine? I would have run home every day and showered like a sanitation worker. Uck! I needa drink..

Anonymous December 20, 2008 at 10:45 PM  

haha, you crack me up!

paris parfait December 21, 2008 at 5:08 AM  

You are mad (in the best possible way, of course). xoxox

Nancy Ewart December 21, 2008 at 9:21 AM  

You are the muse of all - the Daily Show, Hall and Oats and your troop of devoted Internet fans. And I totally believe that you were/are working. Work is how you define it.

Unknown December 21, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

why do you get nightmares watching the Daily show?

tangobaby December 21, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

@chaos: I would get nightmares if I didn't watch the Daily Show. Jon Stewart kept me sane enough and laughing. And still does.

Sorry if that wasn't clear...

@the rest of youse guys... the parental units are coming soon so now I really have to clean my room. ;-)
Catch you later!

xoxo