julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, December 5, 2008

Look at It This Way

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." ~ Mark Twain

"One does not see anything until one sees its beauty." ~ Oscar Wilde

" The question is not what you look at, but what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"I am a part of all that I have seen." ~ Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"What has happened makes the world. Live on the edge, looking." ~ Robert Creeley

"The real voyage of discovery consists of not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." ~ Marcel Proust

"My spirit has ways of seeing that my eyes cannot comprehend." ~ Philippe Benichou

"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see." ~ Edgar Degas

"The eye encompasses the beauty of the whole world." ~ Leonardo da Vinci

"One eye looks within, the other eye looks without." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

"Seeing is a gift that comes with practice." ~ Stephanie Mills

"With repetition, the alternate approaches become clear, options open." ~ Robert Genn

"No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye." ~ Elizabeth Bowen

There are always flowers for those who want to see them.” ~ Henri Matisse

"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens." ~ Carl Jung

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." ~ John Burroughs

Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.” ~ Jonathan Swift

Only those who look with the eyes of children can lose themselves in the object of their wonder.” ~ Eberhard Arnold

***

Thanks for seeing here with me. It's late...I'm sleepy. More later.

xoxo

23 comments:

julochka December 5, 2008 at 1:15 AM  

hmm, are you trying to convince me to go with the LR once the trial is over?

i had an interesting conversation yesterday about digital photography. my friend pointed out that it's the chip in the camera that makes the photos color, but they're all B&W for "real," and if you want to be the AUTHOR of your photo, it's ok to manipulate it.

but i didn't really object to photo manipulation from a purist standpoint, more that i just wondered if i should lose any more time that way, because i could envision myself spending hours!

A Cuban In London December 5, 2008 at 1:36 AM  

Of all the quotes you used it was the last one that has really stayed with me. We shed our innocence in the process of acquiring maturity only to shed part of the magic we're surrounded by, too.

Greetings from London.

Dutchbaby December 5, 2008 at 8:21 AM  

Somebody is having a lot of fun with photo manipulation!

I love all the quotes you used. They all speak a truth.

Yesterday I just had a discussion with a friend about the point julochka made. She said the same issue applies to music - is it really pure when it's been manipulated? I say, it is another tool for the artist to use.

Blue Sky Dreaming December 5, 2008 at 8:41 AM  

I'm going into the studio today with "My spirit has ways of seeing that my eyes cannot comprehend." Philippe Benichou....thank you

Nancy Ewart December 5, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! When we get together, I want a tutorial on photo manipulation. Of course I will lack your awesome skills of pairing a beautiful image with an eloquent comment but I gotta start somewhere. Have a great Friday and enjoy the weekend!

Red Shoes December 5, 2008 at 2:27 PM  

Thank you.

christina December 5, 2008 at 3:26 PM  

Edgar Degas is speaking to me. ; )

These are beautiful, love. My photography teacher always asks me "what do want other to see?"

christina December 5, 2008 at 3:31 PM  

Anyways, I hit post too quick. Dang it.

My teacher asks "what do you want others to see?" I also ask myself, what do I want others to feel.

I love the picture with the reflection in the water. It seems like those pictures with the reflections, always speak to me the most.

Again, these are just beautiful.

Unknown December 5, 2008 at 4:53 PM  

wow. i am so impressed. in awe. these are gorgeous, each and every one. your photography combined with an incredible ability to choose THE best quotes is extraordinary. just lit up my day. thank you dear tangobaby.

Unknown December 5, 2008 at 9:06 PM  

Such a nice compilation - thank you! x

Relyn Lawson December 6, 2008 at 12:13 AM  

This is a lovely post. All the way around. Everything about you. Just lovely.

Like you.

Kath December 6, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

I loved this. When BB and I upload photos and look at them together, we both see different things. It's an interesting experience to see what he notices and thinks would improve the photo and then for him to listen to mine. We always like our own photos best!
Margie is supposed to be getting me a copy of Lightroom, I can't wait!

Vanessa December 6, 2008 at 10:14 AM  

Just beautiful - both the images and the words that accompany them.

I hope you're starting to feel better, T-baby.

Anonymous December 7, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

It's amazing how different manipulations bring out different, hidden aspects of the individual photo. :-)

paris parfait December 8, 2008 at 4:10 PM  

Incredible how the different shadings and colour choices create such different images. All are beautiful. xoxox

Umā December 8, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

this is a beautiful post, and it's very interesting to see how the mood of the photos change with the different effects.

james e. December 11, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. ~ Anais Nin

blog of note surf brought me to you

tangobaby December 11, 2008 at 3:39 PM  

hello ~~~~,

I probably quote Anais Nin even more than Carl Sagan in this blog.

Here is a post where I used that quote (it's one of my favorites):

http://tangobaby2.blogspot.com/2008/03/reverie.html

Thanks for visiting.

Buy1GIVE1 December 14, 2008 at 6:50 AM  

Seeing what is under our noses is sometimes the most amazing thing to see -- so often we can run around the world to see so much any yet in the smallest of things there is so much beauty. Thanks for capturing these here :-)

Warmest
David Anttony

figurin December 16, 2008 at 7:00 AM  

your blog reminds me my old days . . .
Thanks for sharing

zayıflama
dolgun göğüsler
mantar

High Desert Diva December 17, 2008 at 6:32 PM  

Love the different photo styles and all the quotes.

qwe December 17, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

экономическая теория

heartreader December 18, 2008 at 6:48 AM  

we're stressing the obvious, the lovely way