julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, December 26, 2008

The Tardy Awards

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them.” ~ Mark Twain

***

"I have a theory about the human mind. A brain is a lot like a computer. It will only take so many facts, and then it will go into overload and blow up." ~ Erma Bombeck

***

I don't know why I am such a dork about this, when perfectly lovely people give me these award thingys and then I go and run off on all of these bloggy tangents and forget to pick up these awards and put them on my little virtual awards shelf. I get so distracted sometimes. Maybe that's part of the problem... running about saying Oh, I have to write about that before I forget, and Oh, don't forget to post this photo!

It's like leaving my Sarah Siddons Award in the coat check room. (Yes, film mavens, there really is such a thing as the Sarah Siddons Award. It is not just a plot device from All About Eve.)

I promise to be better, lovely people who have given me awards. (Please tell me that at least I said thank you! Oy.)

***

Anyhoo, I am belatedly acknowledging two gracious bloggers who sometime this season gave me an award. Both of these awards feel like the Heisman Trophy to me, and I don't even play football.

Thank you, lovely and talented Willow of Willow Manor, for my Superior Scribbler Award. Sometimes I really do feel like a scribbler, not of bon mots but just plain scribbles, but if you appreciate me, then I'm thrilled.


And then I come to the chic and artistic d i a n a : m u s e, whose blog I've admired from afar for quite some time... pressing my nose against the glass in the window of her blog, wondering just how does she do it?

And then she goes and gives me this I Love Your Blog award. Wow.

I think there's another award floating out there somewhere, but true to form, I cannot remember where it is or who gave it to me. So, dear friend, if you are reading, please understand it's not on purpose. It's my butterfly brain.

***

When you get these awards, you're supposed to 1. link to the people who gave them to you (done!) and 2. give them to other people who's blogs you enjoy reading.

So here is the next part, and because I'm so tardy, I'm giving both awards to whomever is below. The blogs are both old and new and are full of beautiful photography, wonderful writing and lots of heart. For my recipients... you can pick one or take both because if your name is here, I think you're the bee's knees! xoxo

Julochka of Moments of Perfect Clarity AND her superfabulous new blog, Balderdash
Christina of Soul Aperture
Tara of Paris Parfait
Robin of Bird Tweets
Debi of emma tree
Namastenancy of Chez NamasteNancy
Johanna of Tangri-la
Red Shoes of Heartbreak Tango
Char of ramblins...
Gabby of Dr. Bob's Nightmare

and my little protégé, dutchbaby of the aptly named dutchbaby

Happy Tardy Awards! Don't follow my lead. Go out and bequeath these to someone you love to read right away!

19 comments:

paris parfait December 26, 2008 at 11:26 AM  

I am like you. Some kind soul - like you - honours me with a lovely award and I am thrilled - so thrilled, I often forget all about it. It's not intentional; it's just being busy with a million things on my mind at any one time. So merci bien dear Miss Parker for the fabulous kudos! xoxox

Cynthia Pittmann December 26, 2008 at 12:28 PM  

Tangobaby, you're generosity overflows! ---and who cares about human foibles? I'm loaded with them and on the whole we all just tolerate each other. Thank you for coming over to OWL blog, I am honored.

julochka December 26, 2008 at 1:16 PM  

thank you, dahling, you're far too kind. and i do so love sparkly things..i've been rather bad about giving awards onwards as well, but this time i shall be good. :-) you rock. :-) xoxo/j

Char December 26, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

you are tooo toooo kind!!! And..you quoted one of my favorites movies with the Siddons award. I'm so happy we connected in this cyber world of ours. *curtsy* Now I'm off to check out the other lovelies!

christina December 26, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

That's me on your list?! And with such good company too. Thank you SO much. Aww... too sweet.

tangobaby December 26, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

@paris parfait: I have many many more kudos for you. This is just the tiniest part of how I adore you.

@Cynthia: I care about human foibles, but I am trying to get over it! ;-)

And now that I've made it over to OWL, I know I'll be back. You're a lovely and thoughtful writer.

@julochka: I want everyone to read your blogs because I think you are brilliant. And I want you to get discovered and be on Blogs of Note and then we can compare stories.

It's really a shame I have not been to see you yet. I need to fix that situation next year.

@Char: That movie is the pinnacle of being over the top, isn't it? I'm SO glad you appreciated that tidbit because not everyone does.

And I'm glad we connected, too. I think your blog and photos are incredibly lovely.

@Christina: YES, it's YOU. Enjoy, my love.

Gabby December 26, 2008 at 3:15 PM  

I am glad you get these things! If you hadn't, I doubt I would have stumbled upon you in the blog wilderness. Your prose seems so effortless and compassionate. It's a rare gift and one should have to push all the dang award links and logos to get at the writing!

Thanks for sharing one with me.

Yoli December 26, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

Very well deserved awards to all those lovely bloggers and to you!

Ron McBride December 26, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

I visited diana:muse. Wow...what a treasure trove.

I had to comment and thank her for her blog and I did go on a little about yours :-) I hope you don't mind....I think she has great taste and style and I can't wait to check out the other blogs that won her awards.

Reading your blog and all of my other favorites, like Willow Manor and Woman of Heart and Mind and My Castle in Spain and Line Cook and Channel Surfing... All these great writers, well it is nothing less than Living art. It is a master class in writing. I get to watch little books being written... what a grand Christmas!!

Queenie Francie December 26, 2008 at 6:36 PM  

i just love entering your blog world! you write so well and you are an old movie fan, just like me! i have been under the weather for a few days so i've stayed in the house and watched TCM all day and into the night. such great movies, and some of my all time faves, like Casablanca and Remember the Night and Cluny Brown.

anyway, i was wondering where you get your photos of old movie scenes? seeing them are what drew me to your blog.

thanks for the great reading i'm doing here and Happy New Year!

Dutchbaby December 26, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

But I was just born! Not even crawling I would say. With less than fifty posts to my name, I am bowled over and humbled that I already got an award.

As for which award to choose, I'm going for the bling!

Thank you! You are a great mentor!

Mari December 26, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

As if you didn't have enough to do, you've been tagged!

My Castle in Spain December 27, 2008 at 2:50 AM  

sweetie, you've also been baptized the coolest girl in Frisco by my friends last night ! they always make fun of me and blogging so right after dessert, i showed them some of my faves, and you're now la "chica la mas interesante de San Francisco"!

Enjoy your week end too!!
besitos

oh..and i will by all means discover all the new blogs you're mentioning
:-)

Julie December 27, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

thanks for this great post! of this list, i only read Char's ramblins, so i have a lot to discover here... (including this blog itself!)
it will be an enjoyable 2009!
;)
julie
http://www.hipsterama.com

robin laws December 27, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

awww thanks oodles for this! you know i am working on building my award shelf as we speak! that Superior Scribbler Award is greatly deserved my dear :)
x0

Anonymous December 27, 2008 at 4:40 PM  

Holy Tamale TB! All I have to do to get an award is leave town! Thank you so much for this really terrific recognition from you. You know I've had a cyber-crush for a long time. AND you're my muse. And now my awarder. Sheesh! I'll try to remember to respond with a post of acknowledgment when I return. But then if I follow in your footsteps and forget, I won't feel so bad :-)

rochambeau December 27, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

I agree Tango B. about the award thingy. Nuff said.
STILL... I really did like learning your 7!!


Congrats to your winners!

xox
C

Nancy Ewart December 28, 2008 at 10:57 AM  

I've been busy with guests for a few days so I didn't come to the site and read about my award! Me bad! Award good. Seriously, you do me much honor. This blog has given me so much pleasure since I discovered it that it is I who should be giving you an award, not the other way around!

Red Shoes December 28, 2008 at 2:35 PM  

Oh! I nearly missed this. My very first award! (And second?) Thank you!