julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Come Rain...

Or come shine.

The Boy had a rough day today.

He picked me up from work today, just wanting a buddy. He wanted to get some fresh air and be near the water.

In The Boy's cool ass vintage Jeep Wagoneer, we drove down to Fort Point, where you can get closest to the base of the Golden Gate Bridge. We listened to a mix of songs he put together, all about rain. (It was raining.)


The music, the rain, and the sound of the waves coming in... it worked like a charm.

I even forgot the part about not getting my camera wet. I must have my head examined. But I did get this shot before I came to my senses. Raindrops backlit by the Golden Gate Bridge.

San Francisco, you totally have me wrapped around your little finger.

***

This was my favorite of the Rainy Day songs: Come Rain or Come Shine.

We listened to the Billie Holiday version, but I like Sarah Vaughan's very much. This song makes you forget about your bad day, that you're flat broke, that you're tired.



I'm gonna love you, like nobody's loved you
Come rain or come shine
High as a mountain, deep as a river
Come rain or come shine
I guess when you met me
It was just one of those things
But don't you ever bet me
'Cause I'm gonna be true if you let me
You're gonna love me, like nobody's loved me
Come rain or come shine
We'll be happy together, unhappy together
Now won't that be just fine
The days may be cloudy or sunny
We're in or out of the money
But I'm with you always
I'm with you rain or shine

8 comments:

Char February 11, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

ahhhh, you're so right. beautiful.

paris parfait February 12, 2009 at 6:17 AM  

That is one of my favourite songs of all time. I like Ray Charles's version and Don Henley's, too. Glad you're taking advantage of the glories of SF - even in the rain! Hope the Boy is feeling better. xoxox

Chipmonkey February 12, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

know what? I sang that song to baby horse at our wedding. With a full band. In front of the entire wedding. That was crazy town.

christina February 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

I love that rain! The song! Hugs to your boy. : )

shabby girl February 12, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

Love the shot of the bridge with the rain! Awesome!

seeree, phd February 12, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

any chance you could post a picture or two of the fantabulous jeep wagoneer?? i learned to drive in one of those lovlies and they have left a soft spot in my heart. in fact, i parked next to one today in the parking garage at work and i checked it out. i may have looked nuts and caused folks to raise eyebrows, but i don't care. you don't see wagoneers anymore!

thanks for being entertaining!!

tangobaby February 12, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

Seeree, phd... you bet. The Boy will be thrilled for the attention.

It's in mint condition and is the only car I've driven where people regularly ask me if it's for sale. You're not the only one who loves them.

Keep your eyes peeled and I'll find a good photo for you.

Relyn Lawson February 15, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

Or that you have a really, really bad case of PMS.

Thanks. I needed that.