julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

now I have to think of something to say

Being blonde was my hair's worst nightmare, I think.
I'm so glad that's all over.


***

I know this is cheating but why waste a good meme? I've become pretty much an antisocial, anti-meme/tagging person but when Pomegranacat on Flickr tagged me, I thought it might be a fun exercise in amongst my Flickr circle since they probably don't read my blog anyway.

You guys already know all about me, don't you? But since I'm apparently not writing anything lately, if you're really hard up for some tangobaby nonsense, you can read stuff you already know about me on my Flickr page.

***

ps.: I have to go to a baseball game today.

Is baseball like mushrooms, where you really don't like them for years and then all of a sudden, you find them to be delicious? I am waiting for my baseball tastebuds to mature. But the Pirates are in town today, which means The Boy must go, which means I'm the sidekick. I go for the bratwurst but I'm so paranoid about getting hit in the head by a foul ball or a splintered bat. Is that just me?

11 comments:

Bee July 29, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

I've been gone for weeks. Did I miss the blonde you?

Your eyes look absolutely mesmerizing and Cleopatra-ish in that picture.

I've never really understand the charm of baseball -- I can't admit that to most people -- but I love mushrooms.

Laura July 29, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

Hi sweetie love the new do. I think you could pull off any color, but the dark brings out your eyes. Come play soon!

Char July 29, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

I adore baseball only if I can see a live game. There are pretty boys to admire, funny people in the stands to take pictures of, beer and hot dogs (yum) and maybe a soft pretzel, a pretty day outside, lots of chatter, silly music, and a bit of old americana to hold onto. Just imagine Gary Cooper at bat and you will be fine. :)

Yoli July 29, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

I love baseball live, I cannot stomach it on TV. I know you will have fun, fear not the flying ball. Those eyes were made to be on film, they are stunning. Tell me you didn't go blonde! With those Cleopatra eyes, like Bee said you were meant to be a brunette. Have fun girl!

Yoli July 29, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

I just came back from reading it. #4 and #6 and Robin Hood. My God I feel such kinship with you.

Anonymous July 29, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

Your eyes look very multi-colored in this one

Unknown July 29, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

Love the 'do! Shows off those gorgeous eye brows!
(close to a year of lurking and this is all I have to say! Tres shallow!)

~DokterKenny July 29, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Hey you have one of the best stadiums in the MLB, a great view depending on where you sit and Gordon Biercsh Beer and Garlic Fries...yumm! if you can't enjoy the game enjoy the atmosphere

robin-bird July 29, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

i'm beginning to understand that the way in which to get/bribe you to go places or do things you could live without is to offer you food you cannot resist...and bratwurst seems to be topping the list recently.
XOXO

Ms. Sarah July 30, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

I hope you enjoyed it. I didnt like baseball till 3 years ago. Now I am always wanting to go. I have the same fear of the balls and bats. So sorry to hear about little helen.

Relyn Lawson August 4, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

I'm loving your new/redone 'do. Very much!

Very, very much.