julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Never too old for this sort of thing.

Ahhh, the enchanting and naughty Linda Darnell.

***

It's a good thing I live in San Francisco because I like to dress up and do the costume thang and living here gives people like me so many opportunities to do so, Halloween or not.

So I'll be emulating my favorite noir vixen, strolling/trolling Market Street with my camera-toting peeps on our first CALIBER related event.

The ad on my facebook page this morning (I have to admit, I still don't like facebook) is this: "Recommendations for San Francisco women in their 40s - including weekend getaways, beauty, wine - picked by people in the know."

My initial mental response to that ad was Oh yeah? Fuck you. (It is also my lingering, secondary response.) Probably not what this company's web ad pros had in mind.

I'm not that decrepit yet. I know what to do in San Francisco... even if I'm in my 40s!

Hope you all trick and treat well today!

6 comments:

Red Shoes October 31, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

I'm not familiar with this noir babe, but my first glance at the photo had me thinking, "Hell, Julie, that ain't much of a costume, that's just your style..."

The FB ads think I need to meet a man and get pregnant. (Awkward, what with the husband and all.) But don't worry, we "hip" "youngsters" don't believe the hype--half a dozen of the sexiest, most fun people I know are in their forties, and you're one of them.

RNSANE October 31, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

Well, I'm 65, like to think I am still a bit hip, but won't be out and about in SF today as I'm in Columbus, GA ( my birthplace ) looking after my 85-year-old mom for ten days. I do LOVE Halloween in SF and know my 25-year-old and his sweetie will be on the streets. Maybe they'll show up in your photos. They are gorgeous!

d smith kaich jones October 31, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

I spent last night - here in Texas - dressed up for fun, in the middle of the woods partying with a bunch of other adults - old enough to know better, don'tcha know. Tonight is the big Halloween extravaganza right next door to me, while will mean kids lined up for a couple of blocks just to get in - lots of fun for everyone, and adults will be as silly as the kids. Then back out to the woods for a shrimp boil and a long evening of even more fun. And I will be 56 in a week.

People in the know indeed. Puh-lease.

:) Debi

Yoli October 31, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

I am trying not to laugh but I am laughing. Have a wonderful Halloween and please, please, post pictures!!!!

Char October 31, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

hope you had a great time

Liz November 1, 2009 at 2:31 AM  

I LOVE dressing up as well, and I'll never be too old for Halloween!