julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, January 7, 2008

Tagalicious

I have to admit that I'm one of those people who breaks chain letters.

But Ms. Wellspring tagged me, and this little exercise does seem like fun, and there's no wierd karmic threat imposed by my not participating, so here is my reply to her tag. But first, here
are the rules:

Link to the person who tagged you (okay, I've done it twice for good measure) and post the rules on your blog (here ya go): Share seven random and/or weird things (you can decide if they're wierd) about yourself. Tag seven people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog (done).

***
My hero is Carl Sagan. I wish I could have met him.


I've taught myself to do two things in my dreams: How to drive a stick-shift car (no joke) and I invented my recipe for my famous mashed potatoes that are so deliciously addictive that The Boy has named them Crack Potatoes. I guess I am a very practical dreamer when I want to be.


I have been TV-free for more than 12 years (and no, I don't miss it one bit). That doesn't mean I don't sit on my butt a lot. I read about 1-2 books per week, and if you ever check out the Recently in the DVD Player section on my blog, you know I watch a ton of old movies on our movie projector system.


My astrological sign is Scorpio, which isn't wierd, but apparently pretty much all of my planets and whatchamacallits are also under the sign of Scorpio, too, which raises eyebrows among those who are astrologically inclined. My birthday is 11/11 and I just think that's super cool. Even though I don't believe in astrology or numerology. (No, this is not my chart. Mine is in my underwear drawer.)



I have never had a cavity. It's not that I'm a paragon of dental care, I'm just really lucky. I think my sister got all of my cavities, and hers too.


Until I was about 16 years old, I wanted to be a paleontologist. I still am fascinated by dinosaurs. I just don't want to get hot and dirty digging them up.


Johanna won't believe this, but my favorite food is actually not chocolate. It's lamb chops.

No, not that Lamb Chop!


These lamb chops. Mmmm. Must be the T-Rex in me.


Ta-da!

***

My little tagging victims--er, bloggers are (should you decide to accept the challenge):

Le Chemin du Tango
Ms. Hedgehog
Tangologue
Tangrila (Ms. Johanna renamed!)
Working Artist
Siguendo mi corazon
Old Hollywood Glamour
UPDATE: Heartbreak Tango

20 comments:

Anonymous January 7, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

You're absolutely right TB. I DON'T believe you :-)

So this tagging thing, do I post the answers on my own blog or here on yours?

Not that I've decided to accept the challenge, mind you...

tangobaby January 7, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

No, you post on yours. You don't have to tell us really crazy stuff unless you want to.

You can ask my mom about the lamb chops. It's all true.

Debbi January 7, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

Ha!! You are a saturated Scorpio! I am a saturate Sagittarius! I am a Sag sun, Leo moon, Sag rising and 5 of my planets are Sag too.....
We Super Saturated folk are pretty intense, but pretty interesting too!
:-)

tangobaby January 7, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

A saturated Scorpio. Okay...
Actually I did have my chart done years ago and the girl who read it just kept saying wow. None of the reading really sunk in, so all I remember is the wow part and that everything was bunched up in one place.

I agree, I think we are pretty interesting (saturated or not!) ;-)

Anonymous January 7, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

Ok missy. I broke some "rules" but I've responded to the tagging...

studio wellspring January 7, 2008 at 1:58 PM  

you are saturated fabulousness!
thanks for playing along.
now, when do we get to watch some old carl footage at la casa tua? ;o)

tangobaby January 7, 2008 at 2:19 PM  

Oh, Ms. Wellspring,

You always say the nicest things. You made me forget my saturated nose for a minute.

We can watch Carl whenever you want, but I still have to make you watch You Were Never Lovelier. And Double Indemnity. And...!

NYC Tango Pilgrim January 7, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

You are tagged. TB! By TP

tangobaby January 7, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

You can't tag me, silly boy! I'm the one who started this whole mess. I tagged Johanna, and then she got you.

I'm sure I could come up with 7 more things but I need to have a little mystery about me.

xo

NYC Tango Pilgrim January 7, 2008 at 3:39 PM  

TP,

I thought it was good karma to have it tagged back to you. NO? Who made the rules again? Can one person be tagged at the same time by different people?

YKW, I am done with this tagging business, I am going home. Nobody is paying me OT for staying in the office tagging on the web.

Adios, muchacha.

Tina January 7, 2008 at 8:59 PM  

Thanks for tagging me! I can't do it right away because I'm having technical difficulties. The end of the power chord thingy for my computer, broke off. So I'm on battery power. Boo! But once I'm back in business I will try to think of some things for the meme. :-)

one2tango January 8, 2008 at 3:29 AM  

:)this is funny, Tangobaby. I accept the challenge, as soon as I have some time to sit down and write, that is...
BTW I am also a Scorpio, and also TV-less - it is incredible how much time one has when there´s no telly in the house, isn´t it?:)
So long

tangobaby January 8, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

Hi Tina,

Hope your power cord thingy grows a new tail and you're at full power again soon. We'll look forward to your list. ;-)

Hi Scorpio Tango Friend without a television (One2Tango),

I'm looking forward to your list; I know you'll have something interesting there. I figured if you were still getting over your cold, you might have more time since you're not dancing. Hope you're feeling better. :-)

koolricky January 8, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

Hey tangobaby, how do I do mine? We're 4 people writing on tangologue! (although these days it seems I have been deserted)

tangobaby January 8, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

Hi Koolricky,

Why don't you just do your own list and then the others can contribute later, if they ever come back. Don't worry, it's not as important as your exams. Good luck!

;-)

Red Shoes January 9, 2008 at 1:15 PM  

I wanted to be a paleontologist too!

One night very close to my wedding I was wandering Berkeley with some friends from out of town and we happened into a building on the UC campus which contained many dinosaur skeletons. It was surreal to walk the empty hallways with their skulls looking at us. I think it's one of my favorite memories in connection with my wedding...dinosaurs...

You didn't tag me, but I might do it anyway. ;)

tangobaby January 9, 2008 at 1:18 PM  

Okay, I am officially Tagging you. I just thought you might be too busy for such silliness right now...

Remind me to tell you about the Walking With Dinosaurs live show I saw a few weeks ago. You would have FLIPPED out! It was so cool:

http://www.dinosaurlive.com/

Red Shoes January 9, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

Are you kidding? I will drop anything to attend to matters of silliness!

*smooch* Get better!

tangobaby January 9, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

I've just updated my post and will look forward to your list. ;-)

xo

Eva January 10, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

If i was stuck on a deserted island and was allowed only one food.... it would be lambchops. Love it!!!!
The tag game is a great idea. It's fun to learn a little personal info about our favoriate bloggers.