julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Your Thoughtfulness Is Greatly Appreciated

Today I walked again in the Land of the Living.

It was a small revelation to me to be outside in the sunshine, breathing effortlessly (i.e., without the need for a wad of Kleenex stuffed in each pocket, and no coughing). For the first time in two weeks, I felt pretty again.

Even though I only ran a few small errands at the neighborhood shops, I relished each step. I really did.

What I thought about, besides my happiness at being restored to myself again, were those of you who took the time over the last two weeks to comment on my blog, to write me an email, to call me and leave me a voicemail--just to say that you were thinking of me and you had a wish that I would feel better soon or had some advice to help me get there.

I just read this quote and it seemed appropriate:

What a wonderful thing is the mail, capable of conveying across continents a warm human hand-clasp. ~Author Unknown

It may not have seemed like a lot to you, but it meant a lot to me. So you know who you are...and I thank you. You are good medicine.

8 comments:

Red Shoes January 14, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

I'm glad you're feeling better! Is it too much to hope to see you at El V this week?

tangobaby January 14, 2008 at 10:29 AM  

Not at all. In fact, it is my plan.

However, I am not a late-night blooming flower like some other people (ahem) and their hedgehogs, so come early for best results!

xo

Tina January 14, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

Yay, tangobaby is better! :-)

tangobaby January 14, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

Next time you here visiting, I promise I will take you out for a date on the town!

And you are feeling better, too, I hope? The garlic frittata cure?!

;-)

24tango January 14, 2008 at 11:56 AM  

I know you were tagged and you did a beautiful post on that too , just wanted you to know that you were on my list too.

On a separate note , I am very glad to hear and read here that you are better.

MilongaCat.

Red Shoes January 14, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

Awesome! My notion is for early tango on Tuesday as well. Perhaps you, Ms TangoHours and I will all be in the same spot simultaneously?!?! Can it be true?

tangobaby January 14, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

Thank you, MilongaCat. I'm glad you liked my seven little items and I've just enjoyed reading your list as well.

And thank you even more for the well-wishes. I will stockpile them for next time!

;-)

Hello Ms. RedShoes,

It can, and should be true! And if we're very lucky, we'll have Ms. Wellspring too, so it will be a complete girl-fest. Don't forget the hedgehog.

xo

koolricky January 15, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

Glad you got rid of that evil virus. Tango a lot, somebody told me that tango helps to prevent colds... ;o)