julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Marianne Dashwood for a Day?

"What care I for colds when there is such a man?"-- Marianne Dashwood, Sense & Sensibility

Because I am stalling and NOT doing the things I am supposed to do right now (seems to be a recurrent theme), I just took an important quiz to find out which Jane Austen heroine I am. I would have pegged me more for an Eleanor Dashwood, but funnily enough, today I am Marianne.

I am Marianne Dashwood!

Take the Quiz here!

I have to admit that I certainly enjoy viewing the world through my Jane Austen eyes.

I know for sure that I have some Marianne in me, but my more logical side is trying to convince me that I am an Elizabeth Bennet or Eleanor. Maybe I have to take the test over again.

Or maybe I am ready to run off with Willoughby when he finally comes to his senses!

The quiz is courtesy of a new favorite blog I'm enchanted with. I'm curious to know how you turn out. Boys need not apply.

13 comments:

studio wellspring March 25, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

i'm emma woodhouse.
which is so funny to me because i've had a photo of gwenyth's hair do in that film saved for several months in order to ask your friend jane to help me learn how to make it with my blonde locks.

Debbi March 25, 2008 at 2:44 PM  

I am Eleanor Dashwood.
Ha! I would have thought I was more Liz Bennett..... but apparently not.
;-)

Unknown March 25, 2008 at 5:26 PM  

i am elizabeth bennett. i was hoping as such. love the quiz! i may put it in my blog as well. what an absolutely wonderful way to waste time and still feel sophisticated and literary. jane austen has been in the brain as of late due to the whole series they are currently running on pbs. i am loving it.

Elizabeth Brinton March 25, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

I am Elizabeth Bennett through and through.

b March 25, 2008 at 6:01 PM  

"Boys need not apply."

Screw that!

Debbi March 25, 2008 at 6:41 PM  

Hey B -
For the boys
http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=57916

Which Jane Autin hero are you?
:-)

tangobaby March 26, 2008 at 10:24 AM  

Hello all my Jane Austen lovelies,

I am glad you are all having as much fun with the quiz as I did. I realize now that I really am Marianne but have been trying to be Eleanor all along. That explains a lot about me.

Now, Pouty "b":

Debbi/Eleanor Dashwood has gone to all of this trouble to find you a boy's version of the quiz, and we are waiting to see what you turn out to be. Do tell us. Is there a Mr. Darcy in our midst?

Anonymous March 26, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

We are Austin doubles, tb! I too am Marianne Dashwood. I think my brutal honesty sealed my fate.

tangobaby March 26, 2008 at 2:54 PM  

Dearest dutchbaby,

Brutal honesty indeed! ;-)

That is because you are too smart for your own good.

xo

FogBay March 26, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

And I'm... Edward Ferrars?

Damn, I was hoping for Rocky Balboa, that was Austen, right?

tangobaby March 26, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

Ooh, FogBay, that is yummy.

Girls are swooning at that admission. Much much better than Rocky Balboa. Trust me.

Maria March 27, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

Oh, I also thought I'd be Elizabeth Bennett, but no, I also turned out to be Marianne Dashwood!!!!

tangobaby March 28, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

La Tanguera!

I would be surprised if you were anything other than Marianne. I've read your blog, you passionate lady.

Now I have a twin who will run through fields of flowers with me. I was feeling alone with all of the Eleanors and Elizabeths (but they are lovely, too!).

Here's to fluttering hearts and to swooning once in a while.