julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Not in My Name


This morning, the first people I saw coming up from the train station were the war protesters. How sad to mark five years of desolation, destruction and lies.

I am not as eloquent as others, so I would rather point you to one of my favorite bloggers, Tara from Paris Parfait, for her poem and her post today.


No matter what your politics are or how you vote, I hope that today we can all come together and give very serious thought to this sad day, this five-year anniversary of a war started not in my name and probably not in yours, either.



Top photo of the inventors of this debacle (and that's me putting it very mildly) from the header of The Center for Public Integrity.
San Francisco protest photos from today's SF Chronicle. Read more about the local protests here.

3 comments:

paris parfait March 19, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

I beg to differ about your eloquence, but thank you for the nod! Such a sad anniversary for all of us - too bad the instigators are so deluded they're still talking about "victory."

AlexTangoFuego March 19, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

This "war", if you can call it that, has propagated hatred and disgust for the U.S. one hundred fold...it was bad, bad, bad from the get-go...

Five years...sad...

tangobaby March 20, 2008 at 9:22 AM  

Dear Paris Parfait,

You are very welcome. I just love your blog.

I know what you mean about Shrub & Co. These are the people that George Orwell was writing about years ago.

Hey Alex,

You're right...I meant to say Illegal Police Action.