julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Who Made Me Mom?

This is how I feel today. Cleaning up messes.

Some people (who will never see this post) need to get their shit together.

I am NOT your mom!

If you persist with your alternatively frantic/whining behavior and general lack of appreciation, then I will have no other resort than to send you to your room.

And that may adversely affect my yearly review and possible raise.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Brinton March 4, 2008 at 1:55 PM  

Somebody needs a little tango dancing!

tangobaby March 4, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

I don't think tango dancing is strong enough.

A spanking might work, though. Or not being allowed to go to the Prada store for a month.

24tango March 5, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

Sharing a home with someone other than a lover requires a great deal of strength in flexibility of mind and soul ;)

I don't envy you.

On a much lighter note maybe you are too much of "yummy mummy" and that may be the problem :)

Just let the perpetrator know how you feel(firmly!)

MilongaCat.

Maria March 5, 2008 at 5:54 PM  

Ohhh, very nice, very clever post! :) Hope things get better!

(And, as always, absolutely love your choice of illustration!!!) :)

tangobaby March 5, 2008 at 11:53 PM  

Dear MilongaCat,

Fortunately, the person I'm talking about is someone at work...so thankfully I don't have to live with that drama at home! But thank your for the compliment--perhaps I am "yummy mummy" and I'll say that's a good thing.

;-)

Hi La Tanguera,

Isn't that a cute image? It's so fun to find just the perfect compliment to something I write that makes everything come together.

Oh, he'll be fine...this person needs a lot of attention. Too bad I can't really send him to his room once in a while, though.

xo