julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, June 9, 2008

Make My Day: An Honor Bestowed (and Gratefully Appreciated)


I received this very lovely award from The Elementary last week. I was so touched by her heartfelt recommendation, and having the feeling that you actually make someone's day, that someone looks forward to checking in with you and seeing what you've written...and that person might be me, is sublimely wonderful. It does give you the giggles inside a little.

But then part of receiving this honor is to choose five other blogs that you feel the same way about. That's when I got stuck. I really was quite torn and then it became a much bigger issue in my mind (I think it was bringing back some residual memories from elementary school). I couldn't pick just five. I had a really hard time narrowing it down to the ones I did pick.

Some of these blogs might be new to you, but they are ones that I look forward to reading on a daily basis. Thankfully, I don't have to pick The Elementary again, because I've got her covered as the person who bestowed this honor...

In no particular order (except for alphabetical), please enjoy the delightful blogs of:

Aurea: Mary-Laure's blog covers a beautiful gamut: life in Paris and other locales, musings on fashion, art, love and she even has a puppy/Oracle named Benjy who will consult with you on matters of the heart and warddrobe.

Come Sit by My Fire: Sweet Relyn, who is like sunshine on a cloudy day. Or like gentle, soft rain when you need to cool down and relax your mind.

FogBay: Fantastic daily photography (how does he do it?!) and incredibly interesting anecdotes of San Francisco's varied and colorful past and present. Truly a must read for anyone interested in our fair city.

Octavine Illustration: Someday I want to have a gallery wall of her work. I love her stories behind the paintings. A very talented lady who seems to draw things just for me.

Paris Parfait: Brilliant, insightful writing and poetry, and eye candy galore of Paris' antiques and shop windows. Great for an afternoon's daydreams.

Primitive Culture: Xander's amazing photographs and equally fascinating narratives make me want to follow in his tracks wherever he goes.

What Possessed Me: Where I go first when I need to be amused by someone who's very funny and very smart. And very smarty-pants.

The rules, for those of you above...kind of one of those taggy deals. Please mention me in a link, and then choose five of your favorite blogs that make your day, letting them know in a comment or email. If you can, that is...either way, you make my day!

12 comments:

P June 9, 2008 at 12:51 PM  

Awwwww - thank you! I'm very touched. You just made my day :)

tangobaby June 9, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

Hooray! That's the idea. ;-)

I think you could tell that I just ate some Junior Mints, too. You seem to sense that.

NYC Tango Pilgrim June 9, 2008 at 1:03 PM  

TB,

That picture (you know which one) made my night on Friday.

And I sense another round of "make my day" in the blogsphere, just like the old "tag" game. :-)

XO

TP

Unknown June 9, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

oh my dear. thank you. your words really touched me...funny how just when you need encouragement most...there it is. and i'm excited to check out all these new blogs!

paris parfait June 9, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

Such a lovely honour! Thank you, dear wonderful blogger and soulsister. Am looking forward to visiting the other blogs you've honoured. And I forgot to get some Junior Mints when I was in San Fran. Remind me in July, okay? Funny how one's tastebuds never forget childhood favourites! :) xoxox

Relyn Lawson June 9, 2008 at 5:01 PM  

TB, my friend. You have completely made my week - probably my month. Seriously, you should see my grin. For such a classy, intelligent, articulate, talented, beautiful, warm-hearted, and generous lady to pick me - all I can say is

Y I P P I E ! ! ! ! ! !

Thank you, dear friend. Love you!

FogBay June 9, 2008 at 10:30 PM  

Thank you for the recognition, I really appreciate your mention of FogBay.

As Sally Field said, "You like me, you really like me!" and "Burt, was that you or the dog?"

I'm off to check out those other blogs.

Alexander Santillanes June 10, 2008 at 2:52 AM  

Wow, thanks for the mention! I'm glad I could make your day! -X

Phyllis Hunt McGowan June 10, 2008 at 8:41 AM  

How nice to see this. I'm going to have fun perusing through these blogs too. That's the beauty of blogging- you can share without losing anything yourself, and get to meet a new group of people.

studio wellspring June 10, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

so many delicious blogs to enjoy ~ thanks so much for sharing the wealth of their incredibleness!

Mary-Laure June 10, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

Thank you so much! I really love your super smart and wonderfully written blog so this means a lot to me!!!
I'm also happy to be on the same list as such wonderful bloggers as Octavine and the others.

tangobaby June 10, 2008 at 3:05 PM  

Hi TP,

You would smile if you knew how many pictures I take and then think of you. Watch out what you ask for, your mailbox might be filled with all sorts of photos, soon! (I will try not to make them all of food, though).

Dear Octavine,

I'm glad my little prezzie arrived at the time it was most needed. I know you will appreciate all of the other blogs and find yourself in very good company.

Dear Paris Parfait,

Of course, I was so happy to tell the world you make my day.

I will be sure to greet you with cartons of Junior Mints if that is your desire, but I'll feel guilty unless we can work out some sort of compromise so that we burn off the calories, too.

I can't wait to see you in July!

Dear Relyn,

People would find out about you anyway, but hopefully I can steer some of them to you faster. Your posts are so delightfully charming and full of love.

Hi FogBay,

I think you should be required reading for anyone with an interest in San Francisco, history, and photography. I remember how I felt when I discovered your blog for the first time, I was so excited!

Hi Xander,

It's all true. I really think your blog is wonderful. I truly love the vision of the world you bring to us. And I'm looking forward to seeing where in the world you end up next.

Hi TheElementary,

Thank you for giving me such a great opportunity to spread the love. This feels like a party!

Hi Ms. Wellspring,

I hope some of these become new friends to you as well. I am sure you will enjoy all of these links and they will love to find you, too.

Hi Mary-Laure,

Oh, it made me so very pleased to think of you for this. I still have to catch up on all of your adventures at Cannes!