julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Help and love come in many ways...

"I do not have the funds available right now to be able to give cash, but I sew and quilt and will do or make whatever is needed for her and the babies. I am a single mother with 7 kids and no child support, but I do want to help desperately."

***

This was excerpted from an email I received three days ago.

Three days ago, Marlene and I had never met. Now I feel like I've known her for a long time.

Marlene, a blogger on the Chesapeake Bay, with a loving heart and a talented hand and a smart brain, was able to raise $230 in a silent auction she had on her blog over the past few days. By using her resources and her talent, people were able to bid on her beautiful handmade tote bags, and Marlene is generously donating the proceeds to help K and her family.

Three days ago, I would have never even imagine how such powerful love and kindness would manifest itself to help this little family. Now I think the sky's the limit and there's no end to what goodness might happen.

Please visit Marlene and say hello and read her own story. She knows only too well the story of domestic abuse.

Thank you, Marlene, for sharing your story and your generous heart. And to your wonderful bidders who participated in your auction... thank you.

10 comments:

Unknown April 28, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

It was my pleasure to help.

Here, There, Elsewhere... and more April 28, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

Is it preferable to send money or other necessities..?

tangobaby April 28, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

Dear Here, There, Elsewhere...

Right now, donations would be most helpful. You can donate via PayPal on the sidebar of the blog.

Thank you for asking!

Yoli April 28, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

What a beautiful soul. Both of you.

Char April 28, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

you have so many followers...why couldn't those who wanted to pool into one giant fundraiser/silent auction? we could create a blog - have shots of the items available...and then the donator could ship the item to the winning person after the money was deposited into the paypal account? I would be willing to put an item from the etsy shop.

studio wellspring April 28, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

julie what a true angel you are! taking up causes to bring light and happiness to all those you meet.
i don't have any money to donate {single unemployed mom that i am}, but i do have some barely used baby things to donate....would that be helpful? if so, can i just send them to you to pass on to kelaya?

julochka April 28, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

this story gets more and more beautiful.

the default attorney April 28, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

I've been out of the loop for a bit, but what you have done in the last couple weeks on here is truly inspiring. I'll be clicking on the paypal link shortly.

SE'LAH... April 28, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

You have truly touched my heart with your display of empathy and kindness

Relyn Lawson April 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

I've been away from blogs for a few weeks. I am stunned. Look at this. Look at this.