julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Thursday, April 23, 2009

A veritable tidal wave of love and compassion

Guys, you know I'm really tired when I can't find a photo for a post. ;-)

I have been out all day on a photo shoot so I apologize for the late hour.

I wanted to tell you that I have been crying all off and on all day because I kept reading your letters to K on my phone. (I am going to start carrying Kleenex with me because the crummy napkin I had from my lemon scone this morning is terrible for blowing your nose with.)

I finally just finished printing out your letters; it took an hour to print all of your love.

I will be seeing K tomorrow briefly for a planning/strategy/hope to get that darn cell phone thing working, and when I do, I'll have such an amazing surprise for her... one she is not expecting at all:

YOUR LOVE.

Will update you more and probably over the weekend when I can. Promise. I am dying to reply to each and every one of you glorious souls, and I will. Promise.

***

ps.: For those of you who might be worried about her safety, no one is going to divulge where she is staying or where she might be going. No last names, no addresses.

xoxo and sleep well, you angels.

13 comments:

Bee April 24, 2009 at 2:37 AM  

I'm very moved by Kelaya's story and what you are doing to help her.
Sometimes, it isthe kindness of strangers that is the most humane. xx

Unknown April 24, 2009 at 4:12 AM  

Thank you for being a hero. And thank Kelaya for being a hero to her children. You are one of those 'angels unaware' and you will be blessed for that. Hugs!
Jill

Anonymous April 24, 2009 at 4:23 AM  

you are such a great girl, how lucky san francisco is to have you.

LoisW April 24, 2009 at 5:05 AM  

You are a saint......

Unknown April 24, 2009 at 5:16 AM  

Ditto Bee above! It's a wonderful thing you're doing for her and her children.

Adan April 24, 2009 at 6:02 AM  

like i said before. you are a walking, talking community. reading the last line of the blog, you even have a police department!

paris parfait April 24, 2009 at 6:03 AM  

Yea! I love it when a community comes together for a good cause. It's a wonderful thing how so many people want to help Kelaya and her family. All, thanks to you for getting the word out! xoxox

d smith kaich jones April 24, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

This is the way it should work. All it took was one person - and that would be you, Miss Tango - to take action. It's what I believe in - the goodness of people.

:) Debi

Char April 24, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

thank you for taking this on - to handle such an outpouring of love and emotion is not easy and it takes strong shoulders to spearhead this effort...so thank you.

I hope things continue to improve for her and her family. they are in my thoughts and prayers.

poet April 24, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

Hi there,

this is at the same time a very sad and a truly great story. However, I have, in my naive mind, had one thought: shouldn't it be possible to get hold of the man who's responsible for this, put him in jail and thereby enable Kelaya and the kids to get back the apartment they were living in?

Greetings,
keep it up!

poet

Gabby April 24, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

Four things happened to me this week: I am holding a Springsteen autograph in one hand (along with my sister's heart for getting her ten feet from the band); I'm going to see/feel/hear HH Dalai Lama in Berkeley tomorrow; three families of barn sparrows have made nests in the porch frame above my front door; and I bear the expression of your kindness around like a lemon-scone-scented lifetime supply of peace and hope. God's been busy.

Unknown April 24, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

Please see my post...

I will be emailing you a letter for her later on today after I can process things a little better.

I am a recovering victim of domestic abuse.

I am dedicated to help any and all victims...the ones who have left, the ones who are still there, and the ones who have yet to be born.

Thank you so much for what you are doing.

SE'LAH... April 25, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

I am thankful that you followed your heart and reached out to this family.

Praying for their safety and security.