julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, April 20, 2009

little updates

I want to thank all of you who gave such great advice and suggestions about K and her family.

I just wanted to let you know that me and a few other bloggers are now going to be on the lookout for her, first so we can get more information and find out how we can help her. And also so that for those of you who wanted to donate money can do that and we can get it to her and the kids.

Two little wrinkles: first of all, her voicemail is full so I cannot leave her a message to try to find her. I did try to find her on Saturday but could not. And second, today The Boy was in the hospital for most of the day (he seems to be much better now so no worries) and so I was not able to do more for K like I had planned.

But I hope to have more news soon and some viable ways of helping her, with your good advice and generosity.

I'm pretty wiped out today so I'm going to call it a night but just wanted to thank you again. I have a feeling that we'll find her soon and figure out what to do next.

xoxo

8 comments:

Cartooncharacter April 20, 2009 at 10:41 PM  

I've been debating since Friday on whether to leave this comment, but, I figure I can just mention it, and if you don't think it's a good idea, then no harm done. I was thinking long term, to get more people aware of this issue (abused women leaving their intolerable situation and dealing with being homeless, and overcrowded shelters)... I've been loving the posts on the i live here: SF project, but really, Kelaya's "i live here" story is by far the most touching. If your project finds national attention, as I and I'm sure all your followers are hoping, I think it would be nice to have one story that causes readers to think about important issues. I totally understand if you disagree and don't want to add it in... it's just a thought.

d smith kaich jones April 21, 2009 at 6:07 AM  

Take care. You are watching out for everyone else - a wonderful thing, but don't forget to include yourself. Get some sleep. And so glad to hear The Boy is okay. Nothing like a hospital to exhaust you.

Debi

Mari April 21, 2009 at 7:28 AM  

Best wishes to the boy for a speedy recovery... Hope everything is ok!

Andi April 21, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

I was so touched by your post over the weekend. When you do find her, I want to donate money!

Kelly Kilmer April 21, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

I hope that You and The Boy ;) are both feeling 100%.
You are a very good soul!!!

Char April 21, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

awwww honey thinking of you and the boy. hope he's better better

Yoli April 21, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

Wait a minute how did I miss this? Oh Julie count me in for anything girl. Hope your boy feels better soon. Get some rest!

christina April 22, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

I hope the boy is okay. Omgoodness. I am worried now.
xo