julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, June 19, 2009

What I Love About This Photo

I love the peaceful expression she has, how she looks so comfortable and at ease, the way her hair is moving in the wind, and the sun flares that decorate her portrait like little gemstones.

Laura is sitting on an historic United States Coastal and Geodetic Survey Marker (1869) proclaiming our exact Latitude (37 º 47º 57º N) and Longitude (22º 22º 37º W), as well as Astronomical and Telegraph Longitude. In the always colorful meeting place of Washington Square Park in North Beach.

I like that this portrait represents a crossroads of many kinds, not only of geography, the heavens and time, but an intersection of personalities, desires, wishes and life paths.

6 comments:

robin laws June 19, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

What i love about this photo? your creative ambition and the fact that you need to take photographs and tell stories.

hugs to you my friend for keeping up with me and my life. you are very much appreciated and i can hardly wait to see you :)

Wallflower Diaries June 19, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

I just saw this on Laura's facebook. Great pic!I love your blog :)

Bee June 19, 2009 at 12:05 PM  

Beautiful photograph -- and the way you describe it is wonderful, too. So CENTERED.

Mari June 19, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

That is a lovely picture; she is so colorful next to the cool cement.
I have never been to North Beach. It was always an area I meant to visit.

Sallycat June 19, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

Oh TB it's beautiful.
Will u promise me that one day, when we are in the same country, you create your magic in a portrait of me?

SC

Char June 20, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

Laura is great!!! :)

wonderful shot