julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Where She Went

I am cheating.
Not writing today.
Just photos I took this afternoon.
(ps. You know if you click on the photos, they get bigger, right?)

;-)

***
The sky flames over cypress

Abandoned

Anno domini
(I think this is my favorite.)

Blighted vacant lot

Wires have to go somewhere

The stag king of tamales

No direction home

Subset of a vista

Mayan and mist

Beyond the Conservatory

The Broken City lies below

Rescue Me

***

My day, in a nutshell.

UPDATE 9:51pm: Just listening to Satie and put today's photos with it. It feels nice like this. Quiet and slow.



Satie: Gnossiennes - 1. Lent

Have a good night.

xoxo

13 comments:

julochka June 3, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

1913 is my favorite.

i think i need to leave the house more...

~DokterKenny June 4, 2009 at 12:39 AM  

Tango baby ...your pictures are worth a billion words...xo

iasa June 4, 2009 at 5:22 AM  

I hope you have many good nights to come.

I like the Mayan and the Mist photograph.

Unknown June 4, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

I love these photos, specially the ones with a bit of sky on them. I always try to include the sky in my photos when I can, I'm not sure why, but I love it!

LoisW June 4, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

Beautiful! I needed this today! Thank you!

Kath June 4, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

Sometimes we don't need words ....
xo

Just Jules June 4, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

that second pic took my breath away! add that to my order ;)

Char June 4, 2009 at 7:56 AM  

glorious shots - love your processing style

Yoli June 4, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

Julie this is such a visual treat. You are an emotional photographer, just beautiful.

Cartooncharacter June 4, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

Love the photos.

I thought of you as I walked to Cellspace last night, as well as the week before. Last week, I saw a house that has on one of its sides a huge "UP" arrow that says "BIRDS." I thought that was awesome and wanted to tell you about it... thought you might want to photograph it... but of course I forgot. Then yesterday evening when I looked at it again, I saw there was a "DOWN" arrow a little beyond the "UP" arrow that said "CARS." It was pointing to the parking lot in between the houses. I still don't know if I like it better with both arrows, or when I had just noticed the one pointing upwards at the birds.

:)

Marilyn Miller June 4, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

Awesome photos! Love SF. In another lifetime I lived at the corner of VanNess and Union.

Anonymous June 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

These photographs are amazing! You really have an eye for photography. Have you ever thought of going into photography professionally? You showed that you have amazing surroundings in San Fransisco to capture. Glorious work

christina June 8, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

Amazing!!! Just as me knew, dem would be.
xo