julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Accidental Blonde


"I'm not offended by all the dumb-blonde jokes because I know that I'm not dumb. I also know I'm not blonde." ~ Dolly Parton


***

I know it probably doesn't sound normal to become a blonde without knowing that was going to happen but today that is what happened. I know like I've been feeling like I needed to lighten up a bit lately, but I didn't realize that I was taking myself so literally.

I actually just went in for a haircut.

***

"It was a blonde. A blonde to make a bishop kick a hole in a stained-glass window." ~ Raymond Chandler

Getting to blonde is not easy. And there's no turning back once you start down that path.

However, if I ever get to the point where I can make a bishop or any other guy kick a hole in a stained-glass window, I'm going to enjoy the path to blondeness.

I'm going to see if we do have more fun, too.

***
"Hair style is the final tip-off whether or not a woman really knows herself." ~ Hubert de Givenchy, Vogue, July 1985

Uh-oh.

***

So, here's what happened after six hours and four shampoos. My hair is the cleanest hair in the entire world.

And it's blonde.

Holy Hell!

***

The Boy thinks it's funny. He says now I have to have a sunnier disposition to match my hair.
Then he said I look like Joan Blondell, and I'm totally okay with that.



I love her. I can do this blonde thing.

19 comments:

Extranjera June 10, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

Fo all that it's worth, and coming from a blonde, I think it looks kick-ass. But, you know, we're welcoming that way in our tribe. Bein' all Dolly like.
Enjoy.

Mary Ellen June 11, 2009 at 6:21 AM  

Hey, I like it, and anybody who looks like Joan Blondell just rocks. I'll stay tuned to see if you end up having more fun.

Adan June 11, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

i like it. its light. but i also think it has a reddish tint but maybe not. i am a stupid guy and have no clue what i am talking about.

Silliyak June 11, 2009 at 7:34 AM  

Ditto the second part of Adams comment. AND, we never know if anything we say will blow up in our faces.

iasa June 11, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

I like it, can we call you tangobaby blondell now?

Marilyn Miller June 11, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

I like it too and noticed the touch of red. Joan Blondell would be fun to be. Enjoy! Laugh! and Love It!

Christine--RHP June 11, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

Now you can do anything!
Looks good!

d smith kaich jones June 11, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

Well I love it, I who have never mustered the courage to be a blonde. Now you can use words like "scram" ala Blondell! :

:) Debi

~DokterKenny June 11, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

OMG! :-) I like your hair regardless although its a pretty safe bet now the carpet doesn't match the curtain! You will have to tell us if life is really different as a blonde. I can see it now "The Blonde Chronicles"

Anonymous June 11, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

I attempted to die my hair blonde Freshman year, it was a disaster. It came out orange as could be.

http://www.louduk.blogspot.com/

Unknown June 11, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

Cool 'do! I can't wait to see it in person.

Love the Dolly Parton quote.

I loved the blonde jokes my brother used to tell me while we were growing up. I will tell you my favorites next time I see you. There is one that has to be done in person (requires body language to complete the joke).

:)

Ms. Sarah June 11, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

you look fantastic. How is k and her family doing> hows little helen

Ady Grafovna June 11, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

You look great! I have done the blong thing before. You definately get more male attention as a blond...
I wonder why?

sonorossa June 11, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

WORK IT! Everyone needs a change in color once in a while. It is very becoming on you.

Mari June 11, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

That's funny, I went from blonde to brunette! You look greatl, as always! Have you ever done red? I did by accident, which is why I am now a brunette!

Anonymous June 12, 2009 at 5:37 AM  

Go for it! I am now several expensive shades of blonde (beats the gray) and still can't get used to it. But then that beast 'aging' continues to throw me curves just when I think I've got it tamed. Have fun with your hair, flaunt it!

Relyn Lawson June 12, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

So? How goes it being a blond?

Did you loose your curls when you went blond, or did you straighten it? Just wondering.

julochka June 14, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

so, now that it's been a few days, i wanna know, are you having more fun? ;-)

Laura Doyle July 13, 2009 at 6:12 AM  

Wow! I DID miss this post (like a whole month ago). I honestly think you look just adorable!