julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What Rock Have I Been Under?

Okay, just one tango post because I can't believe I haven't seen this couple before and now this woman is my new tango goddess/heroine.

Nuit and Ms. Tango Hours are out at a wine bar and I'm here on the bed with a tummyache, looking at youtube videos and feeling poorly. (Gee, could it have been the gnocchi drowning in butter, followed by a hot chocolate topped with whipped cream?!)



Now I am going to try to apologize to my poor tummy and try to imprint this woman's every move into my cells. I am in awe of her magical feet.

9 comments:

Frances R October 24, 2007 at 3:22 PM  

Oh, I love them! Michelle is unbelievable. So musical, so full of life.
They will be in San Francisco soon! Cannot wait.

tangobaby October 24, 2007 at 3:36 PM  

When?! Where?! Oooohhh!

Frances, are you in SF, too? You must be...do I know you?! Where do you dance?

;-)

Psyche October 25, 2007 at 7:08 AM  

Oh! I could cry! So lovely.

Why have I never seen this couple before? I'm now going to spend the rest of the afternoon YouTube stalking them.

studio wellspring October 25, 2007 at 9:22 AM  

talk about feeding a tango obsession. so gorgeous! so inspiring!

Anonymous October 25, 2007 at 11:31 AM  

Precise, unhurried - I do like the little twinkle at 01:45!

Frances R October 25, 2007 at 11:39 AM  

Tangobaby,
According to tangomango.com, Murat and Michelles visit is scheduled for November, 16-18.

I don't believe we formally met. But I always say Hi to all the nice ladies :)

My favorite tango venue in SF is El Valenciano. I was sorry to read that you didn't have a good time there (I wasn't there that night). Perhaps it was just a fluke? happens to all of us.

tangobaby October 28, 2007 at 8:11 AM  

Dear Frances,

Thank you for the information. I will be sure to catch them in November! And if I don't see you at El V, perhaps we can meet each other at another milonga?

Psyche,

I hope Michelle and Murat come to your hometown as well. Please let us know what other videos you find.

Ms. Wellspring and Ms. Eleanor,

I agree entirely!

;-)

Frances R October 30, 2007 at 2:20 PM  

Sure, Tangobaby, will be glad to. I am relatively new to the scene, and getting acquainted with the ladies followers as well as the leaders (of both sexes :)). How marvelous.

tangobaby October 30, 2007 at 3:21 PM  

Hi Frances,

Then we shall have a date sometime. You have my email...keep me posted on your whereabouts and I'll be sure to wear a white carnation in my lapel...

xo