julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, April 28, 2008

My Pit Crew

Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something and has lost something. ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


***

I wanted to thank all of you for sending me such wonderful advice about my grandpa via comments and email. Saying thank you just doesn't seem to be enough because I'm not sure you realize how incredibly helpful and important your concern and care are.

I've had a bit of brain freeze lately about the whole situation, including how to reply to your kind advice and how to implement it.

And I'm still a bit overwhelmed--or maybe just tired--but things went really well this weekend. Much much better than I thought they would.

I kinda felt like I was in my race car, speeding around the track, and when it came time for my pit stop, you guys were my crew. Whatever I needed--refuelling, new tires, repairs--you were right there, and immediately so.

I was able to get back on the track because of you.

I hope you'll consider me part of your pit crew, too. Because I will be when you need it.

xoxo,

tangobaby

4 comments:

Relyn Lawson April 28, 2008 at 6:17 PM  

I am so glad to hear that your weekend went well. I'm still signed up to be part of your pit crew, you know? Very glad to see you back. I've missed you. A big long squeeze for you.

NYC Tango Pilgrim April 28, 2008 at 11:29 PM  

TB,

I am bit relieved to read your new post. And I like the quote. Hope the week is getting better for you by day.

Anonymous April 29, 2008 at 2:16 AM  

Have been offline the last fews days and missed this post. I'm thinking of you darling, lots of love from across the ocean x

tangobaby April 29, 2008 at 3:13 PM  

Hi Relyn,

I missed you too, but your messages kept me company. You're on my crew if I'm on yours...it's a deal!

Hi TP,

Thank you for checking in with me. Don't worry but thank you all the same. Things are better and it's only Tuesday.

Hi Christie,

I have to see what good food you've been cooking up and that will make me happy too. Thank you for the love...