julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Desert Hearts

Princess Chubness and her pal, Wolfie

***

It's the day I leave Las Vegas, and now I wish I was just arriving. The perfect, identical suburbs, the wide open barren places and the crazy confabulation of "entertainment" in this town leave me feeling lonely.

But nestled in amongst all of this are pure and sweet hearts. You see two of them here.

It may be nice to be an Auntie (Mame or otherwise), because you avoid the crying, the diapers, the sleep deprivation. However, you miss the giggles, the hugs, the clutching, furtive steps to try to walk, the joy in seeing other people love you for just being you.

Today is my birthday and I'll be spending part of it in an airport by myself, headed home to the city I love. But I'll be leaving a part of my heart behind in this desert, because a tiny girl has stolen it with her chubby hands and won't give it back.

13 comments:

Yoli November 11, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

Happy Birthday sweet Julie. {{HUGS}}

LoisW November 11, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy!

RNSANE November 11, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

Happy birthday, Julie, and the little princess is so delightful.

An Open Heart November 11, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

Happy Birthday. Wait until she's old enough to tell you about her first boyfriend.....and her first dance recital.....and her first dance.....


S

Louis Duke Photography November 11, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

Happy birthday! This is such a sweet post! Love it.

Rachel November 11, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

Happy happy birthday!
(I'm a November baby, too!)
Rachel

Mandy_Fish November 11, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

Happy Birthday!

Kelly Kilmer November 11, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

Happy Happy Birthday Julie!!

Safe travels!

Mari November 11, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

Happy Birthday! Hope you are nearly home... and tangoing the day/night away!

Albert November 11, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

Happy Birthday, Julie! :)

d smith kaich jones November 11, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

From one Scorpio aunt to another - Happy Birthday girl! LOVE this image so full of smiles.

:) Debi

sonorossa November 11, 2009 at 7:18 PM  

Happy Birthday! Hope your day was amazing...

Relyn Lawson November 24, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

Happy, happy birthday!!