julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Monday, November 30, 2009

My Biggest Scoop (so far)


This young lady was more reticent than Garbo to share her story. Normally, I don't really ask people to participate in i live here:SF. In some cases, I do, but mostly I rely on volunteers and referrals to make the project happen.

This is my little friend C. You might remember her from previous posts... she's one of my treasured local buddies. Nine going on 39. I've told her about i live here: SF before and although she sounded mildly interested (in between quizzing me in long division and using up my cell phone battery to play games on my iPhone), I didn't think I'd ever scoop her.

Somehow The Boy was able to pique her interest, so today I was gifted with a sheet of binder paper containing her handwritten thoughts about San Francisco. I'll be posting the story tomorrow morning so we can all read it with fresh eyes. (I'm excited!)

6 comments:

RNSANE November 30, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's story!

Greg December 1, 2009 at 12:39 AM  

very cool...i'll be sure to check it out....your blogs are really great and a pleasure to read in Google Reader...it takes me away from all that drives me nuts about home and reminds me why I came back. That's a good thing!

Marilyn Miller December 1, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

look forward to it.

Yoli December 2, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

OHHH I look forward to this! How enchanting!

Nancy Ewart December 4, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

You always are awesome but this post is more awesome than most. The white haired beaming guy in the last photo is the former minister of my church, St. Francis Lutheran (aka Our Lady of Safeway). I am going to have to give him the 10th degree for hanging out with politicians (handsome or not!).

Melissa {Suger} December 7, 2009 at 4:23 AM  

Went over to check out the story immediately. I'm loving both of your blogs!

I will be coming back again soon.