julieliveshere.com

Thanks for visiting. This site will no longer be updated.

Please visit my new site.

You can find new writing, new photos at

http://julieliveshere.com

Friday, January 4, 2008

Tangobaby and the Damned Crazy Blustery Day

We are having the craziest rainstorm here today!
The wind is blowing so hard that it's shaking the giant windows in our 9th floor office. Some of us aren't real keen on that. (My boss says we'll be okay but he's glad we're not on a higher floor.)

I couldn't even use my umbrella today to walk down the street because I almost ended up like Mary Poppins--the wind turned my umbrella into a paraglider.

I know for those of you who live in places where there's actually real weather (snow, hurricanes, etc.) you're probably laughing, but for us babies in California, this is very exciting.

UPDATE: Okay, maybe we're not such babies. On the news it says the winds are clocked at 70 m.p.h.!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Brinton January 4, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

You have described every day in Seattle for months. I kid you not.
Dreaming of sunshine.

tangobaby January 4, 2008 at 10:34 AM  

Wow, Elizabeth, that is no fun. The rain is one thing, but it's the gusts of wind that's freaking us out. I hope you get some sunshine soon, since we seem to have your rain and wind!

studio wellspring January 4, 2008 at 4:10 PM  

tangobaby ~ you've been tagged. enjoy!
{check my blog for the deets}

tangobaby January 4, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

Ooh, I'd better put on my thinking cap! How fun...thanks for thinking of me!

;-)